Is it a Record
FC
Unregistered

Is it a Record
Only 51 starters in todays superbike race and 38 finishers, this must be the smallest field of all times in what the ACU have created, a non event, boring
31-05-2008, 07:10 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
RE: Is it a Record
Well Colin the ACU know it all eh so thats why stay here and listen to manx radio quids better offsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
31-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

The big teams have different rules to that of the priavateers, if the ACU were to enforce the rules then the top teams would have been disqualified today.

Rules state.
Only two mechanics and one time keeper permitted in pit lane, only the two mechanics permited to works on the machines and the time keeper can only clean or change visors.
Take a look at tonights ITV4 coverage and count how many in the Taz and other pits, Who changed the helmets and visors, tyre engineers.
31-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Wantan Offline

Threads: 3
FC Wrote:Only 51 starters in todays superbike race and 38 finishers, this must be the smallest field of all times in what the ACU have created, a non event, boring

Didn't look like a non-event from my spot on the mountain. Not many complaints from the other thousand or so I saw.

Sure a smaller field, but a quality one. And almost incident free. A coincidence?
31-05-2008, 07:30 PM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Wanton at one time we had 100 plus starters but i suppose we had more in the hospitality suites? only my opinion for what its worth.
Roll on Kells 2010
31-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Find Reply
Dusty Offline

Certainly not a non event from where I was. Lots of twists and turns from the start made it really interesting. Congrats to Cam, and commiserations to Guy especially after such a great first couple of laps.
31-05-2008, 10:06 PM
Find Reply
Ben Oates Offline

Threads: 2
The ACU run the event, the DTL claim to be behind the list of competitors.

Great racing today but small fields. It needs addressing.
31-05-2008, 10:13 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Wait for the 600 race smilie
31-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
FC Wrote:The big teams have different rules to that of the priavateers, if the ACU were to enforce the rules then the top teams would have been disqualified today.

Rules state.
Only two mechanics and one time keeper permitted in pit lane, only the two mechanics permited to works on the machines and the time keeper can only clean or change visors.
Take a look at tonights ITV4 coverage and count how many in the Taz and other pits, Who changed the helmets and visors, tyre engineers.

Always been that way Col, you and I know it for sure 100%

can ya sue the ACU for bringing lives at risk, by NOT letting them make kick off in time, through there new system?

The marshalls can be blaimed for poo that was NOT there fault, but this group can do what they did yesterday, My GOD
I can fix anything!
31-05-2008, 11:52 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
FC Wrote:Wait for the 600 race smilie

WHY, do you want to sponsor me on one NEXT year??
I can fix anything!
31-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Find Reply
muz66 Offline

Threads: 0
Will Stuart Black not sort you with a ride?
Get on with it or shut up about it!
31-05-2008, 11:56 PM
Find Reply
ALP Offline

Threads: 2
FC Wrote:Rules state.

Looking at the 2008 TT Regs:
Quote:Attendants
Each competitor is permitted up to three Attendants. Bona fide Team Managers who are representatives of licensed entrants and who are attending more than one rider will, on application to the Clerk of the Course, be given an additional pass to enable them to attend more than one pit in addition to the three Attendants working in each of those pits. Such Team Managers may not work on motorcycles or helmets or clothing or physically assist riders.
I assume from that, you can in theory have 4 people in your pits, but the Team Manager (I assume unless he is one of the 3 attendants) can't work on the bikes.
01-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Back to the question of is it a record, I think its a shame that the starting numbers were so low, butcasting my mind back to when I used to spectate I would rather see 50 odd bikes come past 'on it' than 100 bikes come past with only some of them 'on it'. I know each rider has his/hger limits etc but when the quick bikes come through first I personally found it quite boring to watch the rest of the runners come through, no dis respect intended to slower riders, but its the way it is.
If the organisers can find a way to increase the grids with a few more quicker riders then the TT will stay strong.
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
01-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Website Find Reply
Wantan Offline

FC Wrote:The big teams have different rules to that of the priavateers, if the ACU were to enforce the rules then the top teams would have been disqualified today.

Rules state.

Oh, and I did watch the ITV coverage. And TAS had no more people attending during their pitstops than the other teams.

Professional complainers and doom merchants like you will not improve the TT. Suggest you go and moan about Formula 1 instead. We don't need you.
01-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
Never mind the number of attendants in the pits if you ain't got anybody going round the course people are going to feel at the best let down and at the worst ripped off.

Why do we have to stick to 10secs starting intervals, why not 8 or 6 or 5 seconds to get more riders on the grid.

After being closely involved in the racing for a long time this year I became a spectator and sad to say I found it more than somewhat boring,I mean 1 rider per mile at the finish !
01-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Wantan Wrote:

Rules state.

Oh, and I did watch the ITV coverage. And TAS had no more people attending during their pitstops than the other teams.

Professional complainers and doom merchants like you will not improve the TT. Suggest you go and moan about Formula 1 instead. We don't need you.

Sorry mate who changed the visors, not my moan but those of others

Would you put your money where your mouth is that the TT will not be here in ten years time as a race
01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
pykey Offline

Colin is correct on most things Wantom why cos he has put cash into the sport and these forums are about opinions so lads lets cool it.smiliesmiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
01-06-2008, 08:54 PM
Find Reply
Wantan Offline

pykey Wrote:Colin is correct on most things Wantom why cos he has put cash into the sport and these forums are about opinions so lads lets cool it.smiliesmiliesmilie

Lots of people have put cash into the sport. They're not always right about everything however. And the beauty of free speech and internet forums is that everyones opinions are equally valid.

What annoys me about Colin's posts (and sorry - I have no idea who Colin is), is the constant negativity, without a constructive alternative.

I'll tell you what will end the TT - refusing to learn from previous mistakes. So FC if you feel the prohibited areas are too draconian, or the fields are too small, then give me a defensible alternative and we'll have a constructive debate.

What I'm worried about is the new TT fans coming onto sites like this, and the "other" TT forum, and seeing nothing but doom and gloom. Perhaps they'll think "oh, I'll not bother going then"... and miss out on some of the best experiences motorcycle racing has to offer.

In the words of the great Murray Walker - "the Isle of Man TT is the single most important motorsport event anywhere in the world".

I'd be happy to put my money where my mouth is that the TT will still exist in 10 years. Let's say £50 to the Helicopter fund. If the TT isn't around - I'll donate it to another worthy cause... But think on FC (and all). Once it's gone - it's gone for good. Is that what you want?

Juan
03-06-2008, 08:28 AM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Juan as to Colin he is posting what a lot of fans think and he and myself love the TT otherwise i wouldnt have used up all my holidays for 40+ years.smiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
03-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Two points I would like to make here, while agreeing wholeheartedly with the optimists.Big Grin
1. Opinions are fine, but are of more value when the person stating them actually attends the event (nothing personal)Sad
2. While I am not an advocate of the ACU, every suggestion I have heard made to the organisers this TT has been listened to and ACTED ON. Mistakes have been made, but they have immediately been corrected and learned from. It is not only the ACU who are working to run this fantastic event, and it is a tribute to the enthusiasm and dedication of the many who are involved, that they are not allowing past differences to get in the way of making this TT and all future TTs the best they can be.smilie
Give them a break, guys, and have some respect for people who are spending long, hard hours doing what you make a thankless job.
Colin... if you are not happy, tell the people concerned directly what you think would help, and offer to help, instead of spending your time undermining people and spreading tales.You didn't like it the way the MMCC did it, either... if you know so much better how it should be done, please share your great wisdom.Bonk
I have been impressed by the organisation this year, with the exception of some glitches, which have been addressed, and if you really care about the TT, get behind them and HELP.
I'm fed up with negativity... I'm thoroughly enjoying this TT, and it's pretty insulting to the riders and teams, to label it as boring. It's not... it's great!smilie smilie smilie
If you want to help continue the improvement to the TT, get your a**e across, come as a rider, spectator, or best of all a marshal.. Book now for 2009!Yahoo
03-06-2008, 11:48 AM