Prohibited Areas
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
RE: Prohibited Areas
boakesey Wrote:
samwise Wrote:
steve-e Wrote:I'm just hoping the signs hadn't been nicked.

If the signs should still be there, then racing shouldn't start until they have been replaced - this then leads to the assumption that they have been removed by the organisers.

Point taken, but how would one know whether the signs were removed by the Powers-that-be or nicked?

Hhmmm......

The marshals (usually the DSM) at each point are responsible now for checking that the correct number of signs are in place each day, and reporting if any are missing.
03-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
RE: Prohibited Areas
John Foster Wrote:The marshals (usually the DSM) at each point are responsible now for checking that the correct number of signs are in place each day, and reporting if any are missing.

Yes, but that (new) system's not infallible.
At one of the places I was helping to marshal last week, we were down as having 2 restricted signs, but when we counted them, there were at least 6.
I'm a rookie marshal and the guy who has been doing it for years said it was ok to have more than the minimum number required as it would keep the public away, but if there weren't enough, he had to report in.
Please don't ask me to state where it was, as I don't want to get him into trouble.
However, I wonder if the extra 4 we had, should have been positioned somewhere else?
I'm going to bed now before I say another negative thing - will think of something good and optimistic to say in the morning so you folks don't think I'm always whinging and never happy. Bonk
....scone out to take photos!
03-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Find Reply