Bikers Service (Finbar and Micro) Sulby
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
It was an emotional service this morning at the Church opposite the Sulby Glen Hotel.

If you have time, read the first part of my report please (more pics to come)

http://www.ianhuntly.co.uk/midwocb.htm

I enjoyed reminiscing with you Rosie , and you gave such a nice appreciation of Roberts life when you got up to speak..

We nearly didn't get due to a crash at the 11th milestone which closed the course from Ballacraine to Kirk Michael........So we were diverted via Peel...and it's PEEL DAY !! TRAFFIC AWFUL...
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
RE: Bikers Service (Finbar and Micro) Sulby
Thanks Ian from those of us who could not be there, most appreciated.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Now that I am home I will be ploughing through three cameras-full of H/R pickies to add to my site(s)...

I let the professionals take the pics of the racing...I much prefer to represent the public who are there for all sorts of reasons with pics of them in action.

The service certainly brought tears to my eyes especially when Donald played his tuba "Holy City" but even more when Malcolm played that tear-jerker, a most beautiful song "Flowers of France"...I really wish someone had taped the proceedings...saying that, has anybody taped it...What with all the "hymn sheet on the wall" technology, Rev Peacock must have had a sound system.. I regret not having a tape or cd of such a moving service to remind me.

In passing, how many of you used to attend the servive at Kirk Braddan ??
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2008, 11:15 AM by ian huntly.)
07-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Website Find Reply
Paul Phillips Offline

Threads: 39
Big thank you to everyone who turned out for this, and a special thanks to Helen for getting it off the ground. I was proud to be asked to pay tribute to Martin although I found it very hard on the day.

Best wishes

Paul
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Find Reply
matthewsayle Offline

Threads: 14
[color=#0000FF
Thank you Ian for your comments. I can honestly say, to stand up and speak on Sunday was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, but equally something my heart told me I had to do. It was commented, I was running out of fuel on the homeward stretch. (But there was no way I would let the palms of my hand get sweaty, I'm sure you know what I mean ) Robert was a very special friend and I will miss him very much, we had alot in common. "The green fields of france" has great sentimental value to many of us and will be a song that will aways bring back happy memories of time spent with Robert. Brendon has a copy of him singing the song if you would like it. As for a tape of the Service, perhaps you could contact Mrs Ruth Gorry and her husband they are the Church wardens and organise the Bikers service each year at Sulby Methodist Church. Ruth and her team do a cracking job at the Methodist Church over the T.T. not only organising the Service but supplying refreshments and snacks for all the spectators watching from the Church grounds on Race days. Thanks should also go to Brian for speaking for the Marshalls and Finlo for all the racing items adorning the Church to give us the atmosphere, also Malcom Peacock for allowing all these Bikers activities to go on in his Church, how nice to see positive approach.
Paul spoke for Martin Finnegan, which I am sure was also one of the most difficult times he has had to speak, as Martin and Paul extreamly good friends, and I know that there will also a big void in his life without Matin. It was a lovely but sentiment service leaving us all with time to reflect, [/color]To keep the memory, the passion and love both Robert and Martin had for Road Racing alive, our tribute must be to continue supporting Road Racing and all those who give us such enjoyment. As Robert would say "Keep er lit "
10-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

What I would like is the list of Hymns sung please, and was the singer of Flowers of France, Malcom or Brendan ?

I explored the internet until I have found "F of F" and have downloaded it.
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
10-06-2008, 01:41 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
10-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Sorry,......this is the download version, click on MP3 download....

http://www.sovereignty.org.uk/siteinfo/n...11nov.html
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
10-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Website Find Reply
matthewsayle Offline

Threads: 14
It was Brendan that sang it xx
19-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Find Reply