mobiles abroad
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
mobiles abroad
Some mobile companys have an internatiial option when using you mobile out of the UK eg T mobile £2.50 a month saving 90% its worth a try.smiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
03-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
RE: mobiles abroad
Lovely idea, Pykey, but bear in mind that a lot of the UK networks (& others) simply won't work on the Isle of Man, even when "roaming".

I'm not sure, but it think O3 is the only (UK) one that will let you do this, but I'm prepared to be corrected if wrong.

PfkB
....scone out to take photos!
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Easy solution is to buy a Manx SIM card.
You get some credit with it well and mine allows me to recieve calls from the IOM and UK and Ireland when I use it off island.

So rather biazarrely if I am over the border in Southern Ireland it makes sense to have my Manx SIM in the phone cos if I recieve a call and I'm using my UK SIM in Southern Ireland it costs
03-06-2008, 01:08 PM
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
Have to say I was impressed with the Manx sim I used the last week. Must've saved me quite a bit of money compared to when I used my Orange over there the last time (we're back in the UK now, all that grind and work tomorrow). Mandy locked her spare keys in the ignition of her car and had a lot of incoming calls from UK Plod checking the car hadn't been abandoned outside my house 20 odd miles from her home and that she was ok - probably a whole new thread - but there was at least an hour of incoming calls that would've cost more than the sim just in that one afternoon. Even the outgoing didn't eat the card in minutes.. just need to remember to use the card before 6 months is over to make sure they keep the card active, it's an easy number to remember so I want to keep it for next year Big Grin
SteveEnglish
03-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Thats exactly what I do Steve in fact it will tell you on the card/phone how long it will remain active before you need to use it or buy more credit.
03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
steve-e Wrote:just need to remember to use the card before 6 months is over to make sure they keep the card active, it's an easy number to remember so I want to keep it for next year Big Grin

Now if that's not a good enuff reason to come back for the Manx, I don't know what is......
smilie smilie smilie
....scone out to take photos!
03-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Find Reply
steve-e Offline

if only I was self employed or got 45 days a year holiday Big Grin I get 25 and most of them go on my own racing and bruv doing superstock at BSB. I did well convincing Mandy the TT was a holiday Big Grin
SteveEnglish
03-06-2008, 10:53 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Lol holidays ? ....what holidays !!

Bit the bullitt and paid a tenner for the TT and Manx radio coverage

Best tenner i spent in ages smilie

Working away from home all tomorrow tho so depending on txts .....

Was that a suttle enough hint ? smilie
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
03-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Find Reply
steve-e Offline

I paid for the full thing even knowing we were going over for almost half of the time. Running a site myself I know how embarassing it is when it all falls apart and the panic trying to get all the servers talking to each other again. Mine's nowhere near as big as the iomtt one so I wasn't so upset when I got let down, just a few swear words here and there, some even had Capitals, you KNOW it's serious when I talk out loud in capitals Big Grin

So you want a few texts? Would that not spoil it coming home later and finding it all in one go or is the hunger so great that any snippet is good?
SteveEnglish
04-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Hunger ?? Starvation be more likely ! Lol

Got a good few close friends racing over there at the moment and well.. you just want to know how its going.

I know my pals wont let me down smilie
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
04-06-2008, 12:07 AM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Does that mean if you pay for international calls on your package Manx Telecom block them has anyone signed the package? also i do apreciate all the replies thanks gang.
Roll on Kells 2010
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM
Find Reply