How long til quickshifters are factory fitment?
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
How long til quickshifters are factory fitment?
Not wanting to interrupt the other thread again as it's flowing so well.. how long til the factories start fitting quick shifters as standard on the top of the range sports bikes?
Same with traction control and variable inlet tracts? I heard that they were on the way already.
My interest in this is that I'm on the committee of the FSRA and at the moment our rules say traction control and variable inlets are not allowed on F2 outfits (quickshifters are).
If quickshifters are on the standard bike then would the superstock rules have to change or does the wording cover it?
SteveEnglish
03-06-2008, 08:50 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

RE: How long til quickshifters are factory fitment?
Good question Steve............I like the cut of your jib

Superbike and Supersports currently allow quickshifters to be fitted.

I believe that FIM Superstock allow them too.

However MCRCB Superstock only allow a quickshifter if it was orginally fitted by the manufacturer.

For the TT MCRCB Superstock rules apply

I've just looked it up it takes about 3 different downloads to find out and I'm right in what I say
03-06-2008, 09:26 PM
steve-e Offline

Threads: 6
RE: How long til quickshifters are factory fitment?
Ta Cargo, was good to meet you on the Bus Big Grin
Every time I go onto a solo thread here I end up looking a numpty so I'm keeping out and looking a numpty in a separate thread instead Wink
We had a vote at the last AGM and loads of people said keep the variable inlets and traction control banned.. a bit complicated when they're on the standard bike
SteveEnglish
03-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Website Find Reply