Absolutely tremendous!
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
Absolutely tremendous!
I would just like to say how entertaining Roy Moore's commentaries have been all week, as they always are. They really have been absolutely tremendous!
05-06-2008, 02:04 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Absolutely tremendous!
Some really great racing this week so far, too.
Particularly yesterday's sidecar race. When did we last see such close, fast, totally professional riding in this class, and also many other scraps down the field.
We repeatedly had pairs or groups of two or three outfits flash by us at the pitlane. Bet that was exciting at Gorselea, Ballacraine and onwards... I know it was at Hillberry as I had a report.
Brilliant stuff. Three cheers for the sidecars. LOVE 'EMsmilie smilie Yahoo Yahoo smilie
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
David Griffiths Wrote:I would just like to say how entertaining Roy Moore's commentaries have been all week, as they always are. They really have been absolutely tremendous!

The chuckling at Gorse Lea is always absolutely tremendous when number thutteen or futteen is called out as they pass Roy's commentary position.Yahoo
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008, 08:11 AM by John Foster.)
05-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Chuckling? At Gorselea?? I am gagging for the next episode of the Gorselea Soap....
05-06-2008, 03:15 PM
cargo
Unregistered

I've been writen out of the Gorselea soap but I'll be making a tremendous comeback in August.

Roy is a star and is much appreciated at Gorselea makes it all seem so exciting while we're having coffee and spotting wildlife
05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Southernman Offline

Threads: 0
cargo Wrote:I've been writen out of the Gorselea soap but I'll be making a tremendous comeback in August.

Roy is a star and is much appreciated at Gorselea makes it all seem so exciting while we're having coffee and spotting wildlife
06-06-2008, 11:33 PM
Find Reply
Southernman Offline

Threads: 0
I would have preferred to listen to the Ducatis this morning, he never stopped talking.
06-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Senior Race Day was "absolutely tremendous" countless times. Is Roy commentating at Billown later today?
07-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Find Reply
Wantan Offline

Threads: 3
John Foster Wrote:Senior Race Day was "absolutely tremendous" countless times. Is Roy commentating at Billown later today?

I believe he is commentating at that particular event, at the particular corner of Cross Four Ways. Hope he doesn't get frikened by the absolutely tremendous speeds..
07-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Quote:I believe he is commentating at that particular event, at the particular corner of Cross Four Ways. Hope he doesn't get frikened by the absolutely tremendous speeds..

[Image: TH1_136200747Moore,%20Roy%20(screengrab%...%2007).jpg]

Thanks, that's good news!

I loved Roy's commentary at Cross Four Ways a couple of years ago(?) when he said on the 1st Lap, "I can hear the leaders approaching us now..................but I can't see them yet as there's a bit of a bush sticking out..........."

Listeners hung on to hear news of early positions as bikes could be heard slowing past the commentary point before roaring away towards Church Bends. Then Roy spoke again to impart the invaluable news, "I think it's an ivy bush."
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2008, 08:07 AM by John Foster.)
07-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

It's time to revive one of my favourite subjects, so listen carefully tomorrow to commentary from Crossfairwaays. We'll be asking questions afterwards.

Roy was commenting on Manx Radio tonight about Mark Cavendish's stage win in the Tour de France. "It's absolutely tremendous."

Also, referring to last night's great race between Guy, Ryan, Ian and Conor, "They were going at it hammer and tongues."

Guy was, afterwards.............and would you fancy having to race wearing a giant paperclip?

[Image: P1010659_edited.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 09-07-2008, 08:47 PM by John Foster.)
09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

A highlight from Wednesday's commentary:
"That's the first turned umbrella I've seen here this evening."
(This post was last modified: 10-07-2008, 09:07 AM by John Foster.)
10-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
I have a sneaky feeling Roy might have "arranged" for the racing to be messed up so he could get away smartish for the (ladies') golf matchplay rounds at the Rowany .....

Only joking, Roy!
....scone out to take photos!
10-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

I'm afraid that Roy is onto us and was being careful with his words. However, I thought it was absolutely tremendous yesterday when commentary was passed to him a little unexpectedly.
Roy fumbled, "Yea-but-no-but-yea.......... I'm beginning to sound like a character out of Little Britain."
11-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Find Reply
Tel Offline

Threads: 6
Roy and Maurice done a great comentry on the Southern, during all the red flags they kept it going, well done guy's.smilie
"Long live Two Strokes"
11-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
Roy is also Manx Radio’s golf correspondent. Yesterday, a 12-year-old became the youngest ever winner of the Isle of Man’s women’s golf championship. Roy’s verdict on her performance can be heard here:

http://www.manxradio.com/oNews/uploaded/...-women.wma

Imagine what his reaction will be if she wins for the next two years, when she will be aged thut-teen and fut-teen!!
14-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Find Reply