Laxey Photo Exhibition still on
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Laxey Photo Exhibition still on
For those who are locals, stopovers or comeovers, the photo exhibition at Laxey is still open for most of next week. Situated upstairs at the Laxey Woollen Mills, Glen Road, Laxey.
The bucket of contributions to the MGP Helicopter Fund will be going to Sally Wallis tomorrow, should be over £200 I hope. But you can still leave a donation with John!
We will be putting the pictures on ttwebsite soon.
08-06-2008, 01:31 AM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
RE: Laxey Photo Exhibition still on
Thanks Bill, I really enjoyed my visit to this exhibition, and as in the past, keeping u with the traditions of the IOM, i was priveleged to meet Mrs (Gearldine) Campbell, wife of the late Keith Campbell, who was world champion in 1957 (or 58?)
I had a great conversation with her, and, whilst i wasnt born when Keith was champion, i did remember my late Daad telling me about him.
Now the story gets more intersting!.
When she found out i was from ireland, she asked me if i knew Billy McCosh!,yes, and this led to a few more craics.
Later that evening, i called in with firends, who live on Bray Hill, Hayden and Marion Minnay, real nice people, i have always called with them , for a slong as i remember, anyway, i was telling them about meeting Mrs Campbell, and guess what, her brother did Best Man at Haydens wedding!!.
Now if that wasnt a coincidence, after i left their house, i went for a dander down Douglas prom, and who did i meet??, none other than Billy McCosh!!
Small world or what?
Thanks for the brill pics Bill, its we things like this that i love about the TT,
Will you be doing the same for the MGP??
Baylon

[Image: WPRINT12X8021.jpg]
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Website Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
"Will you be doing the same for the MGP??"

Yes, and already sorting out pics for next years TT exhibition too.
Geraldine's sister was married to Geoff Duke, her brother was Guy Reid. Haydn Minay was one of the Island's foremost rally drivers of yore

See you at the Southern Baylon - good time to get a few laps in readiness for Manx 2009 eh?
08-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

It's not too late for Manx GP 2008

Entries are still open
Go on Baylon you KNOW it make sense
08-06-2008, 09:40 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

That's a crackin' story, and the exhibition is great.. go if you possibly can.
08-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
Really enjoyed the exhibition Bill. Thanks for all the work you put in.
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Find Reply