New entertainment
FC
Unregistered

New entertainment
On one of my visits to a race meeting in the USA, a large pub in Daytona put on an extreme video music night on in HD, the place was bursting great fun and the crowd joined in to a lot of the music some of it a bit Hillbilly/country, appearance by the Blues Brothers as well, the night was sponsored by Jack Daniels had loads of compititions , girls going arround giving plenty of free JD, teeshirts has ect and much more, One of the best nights Ive been too so I think it would go down well here during the TT.
Took me ages to find an example of one video they played but here it is, sorry its no in HD or on Huge screens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvUpxZajw...re=related
10-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
RE: New entertainment
Where are the Po Boys when you need them ......Yahoo
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
10-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Stella Offline

Yes in unison with Jamie Witham on that one, and love Brands GP track also Oulton Park is awesome...pity about the Hizzy chicane altho understood why ..

Po Boys cd Well Driven My Ars* played it till its worn away

Totally Mega !!!!
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
10-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Double bill with Crash... all the James's!
And maybe persuade Swanny out of blues retirement and across to the Island?
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Stella Offline

Double bill with Crash ???

Would think i had died and gon to heaven !!!! smilieYahoosmilie
10-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Is this what it takes to get the Campbell clan across then??
10-06-2008, 08:55 PM
Stella Offline

LOL far from it.....

Just that hols are all around the racing, and this year with the race truck, you really need a thursday also for travelling....

What with that and diesel costs its a bit of a struggle in 2008

Will surprise you one day tho for sure smilie
10-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
New entertainment for 2009
I think it is significent that in my survey the entertainment/events section has the lowest marks.......The comments were : Not enough, Tired, Only for a small section of those attending, and so on.

Trying to get to Peel for Peel Day and the Sulby Church Service was a nightmare as was my trip up to the Ramsey Sprint, caused mainly by accidents requiring us to divert on back roads.

Status Quo are great but are there any other famous groups willing to do a similar show ? Or has SQ become an annual event ?

I walked to the bungy bouncing thing and watched the prom sideshows and I don't think they had many participating ! Bushys is the main centre now !

People were comparing the centenary fireworks with this years, but folks, they were special for 2007, so 2008 was still good !

No Red Arrows in 2008 but I was truly enthralled with the wing-walkers and that excellent prop driven aeroplane display team.

I was sorry to have left the Island before the BOBF appeared, perhaps they could be persuaded to do a show for me DURING race week in 2009.

We had the added attraction of the ARK ROYAL when we docked in Liverpool.

The TT is now becoming a fully-fledged festival so I think this is the only area that must be re-assessed and re-organised to some degree.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2008, 09:27 PM by ian huntly.)
10-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Website Find Reply