Man of the Match ?
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
Man of the Match ?
Over the last couple days I have received a handful of e-mails asking me who I thought was "The Man" of this years TT and I have decided that Michael Dunlop must be my choice. Under the circumstances prior to the TT his application and results were worthy of a very large mention.

Does any one else agree with me ?
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
10-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Website Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
RE: Man of the Match ?
Could not disagree with your choice Ian

But also thought that Gary Johnson had a great TT
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
10-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Stella Wrote:Could not disagree with your choice Ian

I agree that Gary Johnson is a big name for the future, and the media doesn't seem to have given him much credit for his achievements this TT.

It was also great to see Ryan Farquahar come back so strongly this year, despite his recent break with McAdoo.

I think that this year's was by far the strongest "depth of field" in terms of numbers of highly-competitive, potential winners in each race that I have seen in at least the last two decades.
10-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Find Reply
firebladebill Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 3
John Foster Wrote:
Stella Wrote:Could not disagree with your choice Ian

I agree that Gary Johnson is a big name for the future, and the media doesn't seem to have given him much credit for his achievements this TT.

It was also great to see Ryan Farquahar come back so strongly this year, despite his recent break with McAdoo.

I think that this year's was by far the strongest "depth of field" in terms of numbers of highly-competitive, potential winners in each race that I have seen in at least the last two decades.

Have to agree that Michael's performance was a revelation. Also agree that Gary Johnson was amazing - Uel certainly knows talent when he spies it.
If you're fully in control then you aint going hard enough!!
10-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Find Reply
Tel Offline

Threads: 6
Totally agree Micky was man of the match for me, think Dan Stewart is well worthy a mention.smilie
"Long live Two Strokes"
11-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
Gary Johnson for me.

Young Mr Dunlop I believe was in the CoC's office for a talking to about his riding. At times he was right on the ragged edge to the point of silly if you ask me. There is no need to leave a 100 yard dark line from the front wheel coming into Ballacraine. A talent no doubt but he needs to calm things down.
11-06-2008, 07:55 AM
Find Reply
Ladybyker Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Whilst I feel Michael should be commended on riding so soon after his tragic loss - I believe his riding was at times hazzardous,
He rode very well in his last race however prior to that he always took the bend at Creg to wide and was consistently riding in the grass - had that have been a wall it could have had disasterous consequences..
Hopefully next year his focus and confidence will put him in a better position to ride and take a podium place. Sad
11-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Hope MD calms down for the future.
My Man of the Match is Martin Hull... superstar, and completely mad passenger. See earlier posting!

[Image: martinaftertherace.jpg]

...and, of course, Guy Martin (there's a theme emerging here)

[Image: guysmugTT742-1.jpg]

Hope all three are back next year, and winners!
11-06-2008, 08:32 AM
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
In my very first ManxGP a young rider called Peter Ray was determined to win the newcomers' award, and was warned twice by the stewards about his leery riding. He took no notice, was not barred from competing, and was killed in the race, more or less at the exact time his wife back in the UK was giving birth to their son. In my opinion, young Mr Dunlop should have been barred from competition until he had passed psychiatric tests to see if he had truly overcome his understandable grief. It is not just his safety, but that of those he might involve in a crash.
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2008, 12:21 PM by PeterCourtney.)
11-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Find Reply
oggy Offline

Threads: 2
My man of the match was by a long way Cameron Donald two wins and featured in every solo race not bad for a relative newcomer.
12-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Find Reply
Shitoffa Shovel Offline

Threads: 5
I will be voting for Tim Reeves and Patrick Farrance, With their performances in both races they were more than worth the 'bunce' just to turn up.....

Regards,

SS,,,,,,,
It’s strange that men should take up crime when there are so many legal ways to be dishonest. …
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2008, 10:23 PM by Shitoffa Shovel.)
12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Find Reply
Rocket Man Offline

Threads: 13
Edgar Jessup gets my vote.Yahoo
12-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
oggy Wrote:My man of the match was by a long way Cameron Donald two wins and featured in every solo race not bad for a relative newcomer.

I second that.
Sentiment aside and considering what little experience of racing the course Cameron has had I think his performance and results speak for themselves.
13-06-2008, 07:35 AM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
Arthur Lawn Wrote:
oggy Wrote:My man of the match was by a long way Cameron Donald two wins and featured in every solo race not bad for a relative newcomer.

I second that.
Sentiment aside and considering what little experience of racing the course Cameron has had I think his performance and results speak for themselves.

I 3rd that! Very very impressivesmilie
I can fix anything!
13-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Shaun Harris Wrote:
Arthur Lawn Wrote:

I second that.

I 3rd that! Very very impressivesmilie

Allesio Corradi gets a mention from me - he wasn't able to get to the Island until Tuesday of practice week and did his rookie lap in crappy weather, binned it at Waterworks on Thursday on his first lap and so didn't get any serious track time until the last day of practice. Even so, he managed to get up to 113mph by the second 600 race - and it was on a Triumph Yahoo

Credited to Eddie Nelson for letting him ride - I'm not sure the previous regime would have allowed him to.
13-06-2008, 09:50 AM
Website Find Reply