Ulster Grand Prix 2008
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
Question  Ulster Grand Prix 2008
I'm thinking of going to the UGP this year, having never been before...

I'm already off to Co Mayo/Achill for my hols. in early August and am seriously considering extending my stay to take in the sights and sounds of the North, as well as the racing at Dundrod, but I need some advice, please?

1) What's the score re: press passes etc - are they as strict as the TT or what?
I've already emailed via the links on the UGP website asking about accreditation forms, but no reply yet, so does that mean I'm too late to apply, or will I be ok if I turn up at the Press Office with my insurance etc?

2) Any recommendation re (cheapish) digs in the area - any places I should avoid etc? I don't care where I stay as long as it is clean and the car/cameras will be safe overnight.

3) Regarding places to photograph, I've never been to NI before so where are the best / worst places for photography please - assuming I get my Press Pass sorted? If I don't get one, where's the next best place(s) to go...?

4) Who else is going from this forum and is there a TTwebsite get-together planned?

See you in August (or at the Southern 100, if you're there...).

Boakesey
....scone out to take photos!
14-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Ulster Grand Prix 2008
Hi Boakesey, I too am off to the Ulster for the first time. I've never been to Northern Ireland either. I have a map of the track so it would be good if I knew where the best viewing spots were, etc. I managed to get a B & B which I guess is within half hour of the track. Yes, it would be good if some others on the forum were going and we could meet up somewhere. Let's get in touch again closer to the time.
Jan from Oz
14-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Find Reply