Here's a site for you to do a little research. http://www.greencarcongress.com/
24-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Phil Windrum Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Clean emissions races.....
It needed 6000 apples!

http://www.visordown.com/motorcyclenews/.../4536.html

Why not have a Bushy's vs Okell's race?

Can't help feel someone has already got something sorted for this. A year is way too short to start from scratch. Love the Honda conspiracy theory.
Could be a scruitineers' nightmare and loads of protests?
Will it attract top riders? Can certainly see it getting publicity (it already has).
I see they are calling it a GP, but will it count as a TT win!!!!!
Perhaps running 3 classes concurrently over 1 lap rather than 3 races might be better- at least no-one can get lapped!
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2008, 11:41 AM by Phil Windrum.)
24-06-2008, 11:38 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

"I see they are calling it a GP, but will it count as a TT win!!!!!"

Oh, no, here we go again.........................smilie
24-06-2008, 11:42 AM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
24-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

DCLUCIE Wrote:Have a skeet at this

http://www.drinkstuff.com/products/produ...l+Cell+Car

Thats getting close to green..............solar power used to produce the hydrogen.................which does indeed produce nothing but water when used as a fuel.

It is important to remember that energy can NOT be destroyed it can only be changed in terms of its state .
24-06-2008, 12:59 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

We were talking about this hydrogen cell and that the only real none green affect is in its original production. You can actually produce hydrogen as part of a by product of the nuclear power industry so you do also have a production point for the use in the power cell, if you go to nuclear power which is only one example of how this can be created. But then again Nuclear power also has its problems. there is no real green solution. But hydrogen and nuclear go hand in hand, and it would be a cheap way to produce both electrical power for the national grid and also the hydrogen to use in transport.

Sorry got a bit heavy there or is that just because of the water? Anyway Cargo is probably the man to talk to about power production ....
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
24-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Find Reply
oatssi Offline

Threads: 1
While I am sure all racing in 30-50 years time will be green and clean emmissions there is more chance of pigs flying past the Bungalow than seeing a race like this in 2009. I am sure we will see a parade of at least one bike powered on cow dung but there will be no race.

Thinking of the wider picture this could be the future of road racing. The machines will have much less power, there will be a lot of inovation and a lot of interest. Just how the TT started out 100 years ago. Still think it is some way off though.

A racing bike powered by Hydrogen just sounds mega dangerous.
PaddockGossip.com
24-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Website Find Reply
balin Offline

Threads: 10
Just thinking aloud.........

Who's going to ride them G-bikes? I've been wrong before and correct me if I'm wrong. Needed: International licence? and all that is entailed. Qualifying to ACU requirements et al.

Lets have the first LeMans style start for a longtemps.
I for one can't get excited over this. G-bikes in a three-wave start at Billown maybe. Proper race, not a firtle about. If they can race, race.
24-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

One of the problems with the TT as it currently stands is that there is NO inovation...just buy that which Mr Honda/Suzuki/Yamaha/Kawasaki sell you and buy your go faster parts from them too.................zero inovation.

A green TT no matter what shade of green would at least give some hope that someone could be inventing something new in a shed down the bottom of the garden............how much fun would that be smilie

Or maybe someone somewhere has already done it Wink
24-06-2008, 06:03 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

You've got a shed, Cargo... are you holding out on us... is that what this is all about???Yahoo smilie
24-06-2008, 07:00 PM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
PeterCourtney Wrote:...and there would be no room for anything Japanese!

.... Su-sushi, anyone?
....scone out to take photos!
24-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
MV Wrote:Just a thought....
One word HONDA

If this great manufacturer were to launch a revolutionary machine, where
might they do it?
.....and in WHICH year.

I wonder..............

You may be spot on there, MV............but don't rule out Suzuki!

http://www.tuvie.com/suzuki-crosscage-concept-motorcycle-with-hydrogen-powered

[Image: suzuki-crosscage-hybrid-motorcycle-concept1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 24-06-2008, 10:30 PM by John Foster.)
24-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

oatssi Wrote:While I am sure all racing in 30-50 years time will be green and clean emmissions there is more chance of pigs flying past the Bungalow than seeing a race like this in 2009. I am sure we will see a parade of at least one bike powered on cow dung but there will be no race.

Thinking of the wider picture this could be the future of road racing. The machines will have much less power, there will be a lot of inovation and a lot of interest. Just how the TT started out 100 years ago. Still think it is some way off though.

Forgive me for being a bit thick, OK alot thick, but surely a half empty tank of fuel or even an empty tank that used to have fuel in is more dangerous as the gases or fumes are more volatile than the fuel itself. The only emissions for this type of Hydrogen powered engine is water, as it combines with the oxygen partly used to produce H2O. So that would be the rain flag used after the first entry down Bray then, sorry lack of adhesion flag... no not really its very slight. They were actually thinking about using these engines in africa and places that suffer from drought as a means of clean water production, but that's a different matter. I think it is relatively safe, so don't worry oatsie...... as they wouldn't sell cells in toys. But then again they might be painted in China ..... smilie smilie smilie
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2008, 01:06 PM by DCLUCIE.)
25-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Find Reply
David Griffiths Offline

Threads: 19
I'm still convinced that this is all an elaborate April Fool that somehow went astray nearly 3 months ago!
25-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Find Reply
oatssi Offline

Threads: 1
DCLUCIE Wrote:
oatssi Wrote:While I am sure all racing in 30-50 years time will be green and clean emmissions there is more chance of pigs flying past the Bungalow than seeing a race like this in 2009. I am sure we will see a parade of at least one bike powered on cow dung but there will be no race.

Forgive me for being a bit thick, OK alot thick, but surely a half empty tank of fuel or even an empty tank that used to have fuel in is more dangerous as the gases or fumes are more volatile than the fuel itself. The only emissions for this type of Hydrogen powered engine is water, as it combines with the oxygen partly used to produce H2O. So that would be the rain flag used after the first entry down Bray then, sorry lack of adhesion flag... no not really its very slight. They were actually thinking about using these engines in africa and places that suffer from drought as a means of clean water production, but that's a different matter. I think it is relatively safe, so don't worry oatsie...... as they wouldn't sell cells in toys. But then again they might be painted in China ..... smilie smilie smilie

Got take a tank of hydrogen and shoot a hole in it. See what happens.
PaddockGossip.com
25-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

oatssi Wrote:Got take a tank of hydrogen and shoot a hole in it. See what happens.

Not that much really I watched a TV show that tried to shot a hole in to a gas cylinder and they couldn't do it..........
Same goes for a petrol fuel tank on a car /bike shoot holes in it all day long all you get is a leaky tank...........
25-06-2008, 01:36 PM
andy21aa Offline

Threads: 6
oatssi Wrote:Got take a tank of hydrogen and shoot a hole in it. See what happens.

Nothing! Hydrogen, like petrol needs oxygen to burn, and as there is no oxygen inside the tank nothing will happen. However the hydrogen escaping from the hole will dissapate into the atmosphere (being lighter than air), whereas petrol will spill out creating a fire hazard and may end up polluting the ground around it.

Incidentally, when a carbon-based fuel like gasoline burns, glowing hot soot particles transfer the heat to its surroundings — potentially including you. But because hydrogen contains no carbon, it burns cleanly without a residue of hot soot, producing little radiant energy. This means that a victim would have to be practically in the flame in order to get burned.
25-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

andy21aa Wrote:

Nothing! Hydrogen, like petrol needs oxygen to burn, and as there is no oxygen inside the tank nothing will happen. However the hydrogen escaping from the hole will dissapate into the atmosphere (being lighter than air), whereas petrol will spill out creating a fire hazard and may end up polluting the ground around it.

Incidentally, when a carbon-based fuel like gasoline burns, glowing hot soot particles transfer the heat to its surroundings — potentially including you. But because hydrogen contains no carbon, it burns cleanly without a residue of hot soot, producing little radiant energy. This means that a victim would have to be practically in the flame in order to get burned.

He's quite right, just tried it ..... can hear sirens in the distance so got to go....... at least I haven't entered the Darwin Awards for this year........ smilie Yahoo Yahoo
25-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
Those of us who still think the right foot is for changing gear were only worried about one kind of emission - nocturnal ones!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
25-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
I really want back to the TT to Race, SO I should ShuT and say nothing for once, but that is just not me.

What a joke this idea is, SAFETY MY bottom! Pull ya heads in people!!!!

Almost as STUPID/Dangerous as letting x OLD riders do a parade lap at the most World renound DANGEROUS road race track

Why would some one try to push the TT races down the throats of the world Press, so they can just rubbish the place some more.
I can fix anything!
(This post was last modified: 25-06-2008, 10:06 PM by Shaun Harris.)
25-06-2008, 10:05 PM
Find Reply