http://www.realroadracing.com/forum/view...php?t=1627

So heartwarming. Well said, Brenda.

(Thanks to Myles Lally and RRR)
23-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Myles Lally Offline

Threads: 13
RE: From Brenda Finnegan.
Thanks Hun you bet me to it !

Heres the message in full for those that cant log in .

Hi all Brenda asked me to pass on this message as read by Martins brother Paul at Martins fundraiser on Friday night.......................Myles

Its hard to know where to start, I have so many people to thank and so many things I would like to say. So I will start by thanking everyone who has come here tonight, donated items or simply gave there time. Thank you.

To Martins Family, Jim, Margaret, Liz, Ger, James, Sean, Paul, Peter and their spouses, quite frankly words cannot express my gratitude for all you have done for myself and Rachel, not just over these past seven weeks but over these past eight years. Martin has left us with so much to cherish but you are what we will value the most.

To my family, you have been my pillar of strength and support. Thank you.

Martins life has touched so many people in so many ways, tonight is just another display of the affection people had for him, only a wonderful person could capture so many hearts and Martin was most definitely that.

When I met Martin he often told me jokingly that he was a famous motorbike racer, I would joke back that it was all in his head and that far from being famous, People thought he was a little bit mad!! After all only a crazy person could do what Martin did on two wheels!! but yet again he was right and far from crazy.

Martin loved every minute of his life, he grabbed it with both hands and squeezed as much as he could out of it. He died as he had lived doing what he loved, and us, the spectators, had the honour of watching him do it.

Off the track Martin was no different, an amazing Husband, Father, Son, Brother and Friend. Albeit for too short a time. Never the less, I feel completely privileged to have the title of Martin's wife and even greater privilege of being Rachel's Mum.

I have no doubt that men like Martin are very rare and that he was only on loan to us for a short time, he has left his mark on my heart and undoubtedly and all of yours, we can always keep that close to us.

Again, thank you all, to our friends, extended family, the racing fraternity, round tower racing and of course The Martin Finnegan supporters club for your kindness and love. I hope the #45 travels with you always.

Brenda & Rachel x
23-06-2008, 08:28 PM
Find Reply