eurosport sad days for all
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
Sad  eurosport sad days for all
so eurosport is going to bbc next season,...oh no,does anyone believe we will get much coverage from the bbc when all the other sports clash,petition on another site,not that they will take any notice,its a done deal...:
27-06-2008, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: eurosport sad days for all
I think what ancient was trying to explain is that Dorna have made a decision to have their MotoGP television transmissions relayed throughout the UK by the BBC and no longer via Eurosport, from 2009.

(God only knows what effect this is going to have. No more Practice coverage, no more 3 race coverage on race days ?????).

Press Release here - MOTO GP Press Release.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-06-2008, 09:42 AM
Website Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Send them a mesasage telling of your dissapointment and how the heck the BBC have a car bloke commentating on a bike race, in the words of Dell Boy ... What a plonker.....

http://www.motogp.com/en/contact
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
27-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Find Reply
shipleymanx Offline

Threads: 30
This could effect sponsorship for the 125 and 250, if these races are not shown as much. Can't believe that the BBC would cover practice like eurosport did last night. As fit as suzie is, i prefer the trio of tobby, julian and randy, so much more inside info. Big mistake Dorna
27-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Find Reply
Ben Oates Offline

Threads: 2
No adverts and no more listening to Toby Moody, 2 positives.

Hopefully the BBC will offer a more in depth coverage on their red button as air time is going to be along way off Eurosport. It would is also an opportunity to try and reunite Keith Huewen with Julian Ryder - great commentary partnership.

Who was the guy who commentated on BSB in the early-mid nineties? He was awesome. I'm sure he went on to commentate on something different like robot wars...?
27-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Find Reply
T-M Offline

Threads: 2
Perhaps BBC 3 or 4 could cover practice and the 125/250 classes?

I think that there are not many commentary teams that hold a candle to Toby Moodie, Julian Ryder and Randy Mamola. The BBC screen sport for dummies and not the regular enthiusiast.

On a positive note I suppose it puts the sport in more living rooms than Eurosport.
27-06-2008, 08:39 PM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
You reckon ?

Well try n convince me .....

.....Cause trust me

You won`t .......

Havin mega pc probs but there is a link o the bsb forum re a petition, it may or may not help ?

But at least we tried...

Interesting thread with many valid points i reckon...

http://forum.britishsuperbike.co.uk/view...sc&start=0
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
27-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Find Reply
samwise Offline

Threads: 4
Dorna want MotoGP to be shown on free-to-air television, to get the biggest possible market for the sponsors - not a bad thing to aim for from their perspective.

At least I won't have to try and use that useless Yahoo! Eurosport tv guide rubbish next year Yahoo

As BBCs 3 and 4 don't start until 7pm, maybe one of those channels could be used for the practice and qualifying sessions - heck, make it the dedicated MotoGP channel, leaving BBC1 or 2 free for Formula 1, because we know which would take precedence out of the two when their meetings clash, don't we!
30-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Website Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Received this email today, you probably have your own views on the subject!

I have just read and signed the online petition:

"Replace The Current BBC MotoGP Commentary Team With Toby Moody, Julian Ryder, & Randy Mamola For 2009"

hosted on the web by PetitionOnline.com, the free online petition service, at:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/motogp09/

I personally agree with what this petition says, and I think you might agree, too. If you can spare a moment, please take a look, and consider signing yourself.
30-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Website Find Reply