Injebrook resevoir???
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Injebrook resevoir???
Can anybody local tell me how far the water is from the nearest car park/parking spot and are you allowed to canoe on it?
Cheers
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
30-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Injebrook resevoir???
Slight spelling error its Injebreck.

The resevoir is regularly used by local sailing clubs but not being a sailing type I don't know if they have a special arrangement to
As for parking the road runs along the side of the resi so the water is very close and you can pull up wherever there is a space.
Try this link for maybe a little more info : contact@msandcc.org
Hope ths helps a bit.
(This post was last modified: 30-06-2008, 06:42 PM by beepee.)
30-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Thanx for that. I'll have a look next time I'm over.
30-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Website Find Reply
corkysnr Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
There are very strict rules for activities on reservoir in the Isle of Man . Please check Isle of Man Water Authority Web Site!
01-07-2008, 03:06 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Russ if you actually get to paddle your canoe can you lets us know ......................

cos I ain't drinking anything you've been paddleing in.

smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
01-07-2008, 04:12 PM
The Bag Offline

Cargo its me thats canoeing NOT Spooner Yahoo
Although it is unlikely to happen now as I've just seen how much these stunt kayaks are to buy!!!!
Roll on August Yahoo
Russ
01-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Spooner ! ! Evil

The only way I'm drinking any water that dirt bird has been paddleing in is if he takes 6 showers a day for 6 days and can produce certified evidence to prove it.............which he can use to apply to the MWA ( Manx Water Authority) for a MGP Resevior licence at a cost of £250 he will also need a medical from that special clinic up at Nobles Bonk
He will of course be expceted to produce the licence at any time if requested by any Clerk of Courser, Peel bus driver or MGP social committee member...............
01-07-2008, 04:37 PM
The Bag Offline

I'll take that as a NO then smilie
01-07-2008, 05:08 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Here is a little more precise information.

Injebreck resevoir is owned by Douglas Corporation but is run by the water board.Local sailing clubs have permission to use it only in the winter months when to water level is high and there is less risk of pollution.

This is from a member of the Douglas yacht club and is correct info.however he did say it is very unlikely that anyone would complain if a canoeist were to have a paddle PROVIDING they kept in near to the banks.

Apart from the pollution issue I am reliably informed that the Islands resevoirs are not to be used for recreational water sports because the water is too deep for safety!!!! can you believe it.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 07:38 PM by beepee.)
02-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Find Reply
corkysnr Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
beepee Wrote:Here is a little more precise information.

Injebreck resevoir is owned by Douglas Corporation but is run by the water board.Local sailing clubs have permission to use it only in the winter months when to water level is high and there is less risk of pollution.

This is from a member of the Douglas yacht club and is correct info.however he did say it is very unlikely that anyone would complain if a canoeist were to have a paddle PROVIDING they kept in near to the banks.

Apart from the pollution issue I am reliably informed that the Islands resevoirs are not to be used for recreational water sports because the water is too deep for safety!!!! can you believe it.
It,s not a matter of no one would complain the rules are there to be obeyed! Fishermen have to abide by the rules and so should everybody else.
03-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Find Reply
beepee Offline

I am sure I have read of local anglers being caught fishing without a licence and also of taking too many fish so not everyone does abide by the rules just as not all dog owners pick up after their dogs.
03-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
I think we used to take the (air) cadets to West Baldwin reservoir for canoeing, but have you ever tried sea kayaking? It's very popular over here:
http://www.kayak.im/
The guy who runs this would, I'm sure, also be able to advise you about the reservoir situation etc.
Have fun!
B
....scone out to take photos!
04-07-2008, 06:47 AM
Find Reply