Shocking News - Christian Parzer
FC
Unregistered

Shocking News - Christian Parzer
As reported on the internet, on The Austrian Times website:- http://www.austriantimes.at/index.php?id=7253

Informed sources say he will be unlikely to appear at this weekends championship race in Austria or the Southern 100 road races.

If this is true and is found guilty, he should be banned from ever competing at the TT ever (in my opinion).

Edited by Admin (Malcolm).
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2008, 07:36 PM by Malcolm.)
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Shocking News
Bit harsh that FC.....to ban someone from racing.
01-07-2008, 05:59 PM
Website Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

RE: Shocking News
I am totally against Drugs and the use off, The TT does not need dope heads, if he has broke the law and been found guilty then a ban from the event should also follow.
01-07-2008, 06:13 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Shocking News - Christian Parzer
Colin, you don't have to go to Austria to find racing motorcyclists getting caught in circumstances like that . . . . . . . .

Wink
01-07-2008, 07:43 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Doesn't say he was using it just that he was caught in possession !
01-07-2008, 07:56 PM
FC
Unregistered

larryd Wrote:Colin, you don't have to go to Austria to find racing motorcyclists getting caught in circumstances like that . . . . . . . .

Wink

Yes I know that, Cargo I don't care if he was waring it we don't want that sort of person on the Island, we already have to many.
01-07-2008, 08:30 PM
crock stock Offline

Threads: 0
FC Wrote:
larryd Wrote:Colin, you don't have to go to Austria to find racing motorcyclists getting caught in circumstances like that . . . . . . . .

Wink

Yes I know that, Cargo I don't care if he was waring it we don't want that sort of person on the Island, we already have to many.

interesting point of view.....we'll have to do a criminal record check on everyone, every year before they get on the boat...come on, you cant jump to conclusions anyway, how do you know these mysterious africans didnt threaten him in some way? if he's found gulity he'll do the time(in austria) and that will be it,
anyway, i'd say that every person who ever set foot on the isle of man has broken the speed limit and that kills more people than cocaine in a year...a majority of whom werent speeding or doing anything dangerous themselves.
02-07-2008, 01:54 AM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I'd have to agree with you...................

Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone

To be honest if the IOM has a cocaine or other serious drug problems I've yet to hear of it until now.

The IOM is a small place one airport and a few landing strips and one major port with a selection of smaller harbours surely it couldn't be THAT hard to keep the illegal drugs out ? If the effort was made

The only time I've ever seen the drug sniffing dogs is during TT I could have carried a ton of Bolivian Marching Powder over the years and never once been caught.
02-07-2008, 03:34 AM
FC
Unregistered

You dont live here and you dont know. The island has seen a large increase in drugs and violent crimes over the past ten years, and most have been commited by non Manx people.
We dont want it here and thats it.
02-07-2008, 07:40 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

Sadly, it is a problem here, Cargo.
02-07-2008, 07:47 AM
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
thewitch Wrote:Sadly, it is a problem here, Cargo.

And everywhere else I'm afraid. The UK is awash with them and despite all the public and media condemnation it is verging on acceptable behaviour.

What with celebs using them openly without seemingly being punished and some Chief Constables, our friend from North Wales, advocating their legality and a Govt. that buckled under the weight of the pro-drugs lobby to down grade cannabis. I know they've since re-classified it but I'm afraid the damage had been done and completely the wrong message had been sent.

Whatever the IOM can do to stem the flow, I doubt that they can be eradictaed, will do some good at least. They destroy lives, families and communities. In my work in the Emergency Services I've seen the devastating effects that they can have, first hand, you just don't want to go there.

So, conviction of drug related crimes should attract the highest possible sanction. Whether Mr. Parzer is guilty or not is not my call but I can empathise with FC's comments.
02-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

I'm really quite shocked to learn this and the cheif constable needs to take some responsibility................

It's an island in the middle of the Irish sea how hard can it be to catch these guys bringing the drugs in.
It's fair to say that not once have I ever heard of anyone being caught bringing drugs into the IOM and it's very often not too hard to spot the big dealers living a lifestyle with no visible means of support.

Plenty of them heresmilie

I'm prepared to bet tha the IOM does NOT have assets recovery where the property and cash generated from drug dealers can be removed.

There is very much more to this than meets the eye
02-07-2008, 08:56 AM
cargo
Unregistered

This is the most up to date document I can find on the Manx Gov site on drugs and the Govs strategy...............I've read through it and nowhere can I see anything about trying to actually stop drugs getting on to the IOM in the first place. It is almost entirely focused on treatment of people who are already addicted and on the crime those addicts commit.................nothing whatsoever on catching the big dealers

http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/dhss/health/u...y20051.pdf

Too little too late
02-07-2008, 09:18 AM
thewitch
Unregistered

Some recent news items below.

There is a dog sniffer team, and baggage is searched randomly, as are passengers on the boat and plane, but unless every person and every bag is done, some will get through. Imagine how much could be stashed in a smelly old Transit full of bikes! Dealers are not fussy where they put it, so inside an engine (smelling of petrol to confuse the dog) would be probably one of the less disgusting ways of getting it here.
I had all my stuff searched when going on the boat as a foot passenger last year, and the van was searched when Suzanne and I were getting on at Belfast last August.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/results.aspx?S...ext=heroin
02-07-2008, 09:27 AM
cargo
Unregistered

I've been searched loads of times but it was only really a security check..............and only once on arrival on the IOM have I seen the dog there giving everyone the once over.

I know drugs are a national problem but the IOM is so small surely it could be made more difficult to get drugs in to the Island.

Difficult subject................and interesting too
02-07-2008, 09:40 AM
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
cargo Wrote:I've been searched loads of times but it was only really a security check..............and only once on arrival on the IOM have I seen the dog there giving everyone the once over.

I know drugs are a national problem but the IOM is so small surely it could be made more difficult to get drugs in to the Island.

Difficult subject................and interesting too

I was searched at L'Pool this year. The only contraband they found was my signed Shaun Harris T shirt Yahoo
02-07-2008, 09:47 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I was sniffed by a rather spiffy dog! She gave me the nod and said I smelled OK!
They went through my hand luggage, too. Very embarrassing having your smalls examined in the ferry terminal!
However, if that's what it takes to prevent drugs getting in I'm happy.
Othere than searching all of us every time, I'm not sure how you prevent these things... the amount in CP's case is 150 grams... less than a bag of sweeties, but enough to ruin a few lives. I can think of dozens of places to hide something like that and I am sure drug couriers are far more creative about it than I am.
However,the police are also smart, and some of them DO get caught, even when they have swallowed bags of stuff, or put it in unmentionable places.
02-07-2008, 09:50 AM
cargo
Unregistered

I crossed the border into France from Switzerland about two weeks into a 3 week holiday the border guard guy was obviously bored and demanded to know if I had hashish I told him no but of course being a scruffy biker and having long hair he must have seen me as some kind of drugs crazed youth.............and way he made me unpack all the bags from my bike and take them into a room where they were opened and searched...........I kept one bag exclusively for worn and smelly socks jocks etc anyway as he got to THAT bag I was smiling he opened it and delved in I could hardly contain myself you could see his face contorting at the pong of 2 week old socks stuck in a bag after a long hot holiday...................

He turned on his heel and walked muttering someing about hashish you have hashish.

I got all my bags back on the bike while he watched glaring at me...when I'd finished I opened my tank bag and got my passport out and asked him to stamp it his face turned bright red with supressed rage off he marched to get his stamp out from a drawer in his office.

There was of course no requirment to stamp my passport but I'd collected stamp at every border crossing on that holidy and I wasn't giving up on that just for him.
02-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Moan Moan Offline

Threads: 0
FC Wrote:You dont live here and you dont know. The island has seen a large increase in drugs and violent crimes over the past ten years, and most have been commited by non Manx people.

Shockingly I find myself agreeing with Mr Moore that the Island should take a stance against those who are involved in the drug trade, especially those in the public eye, and a ban on involvement in the TT may be worth considering.
That said, I remain to be convinced the drug problem in the Isle of Man is truly that severe. Obviously one drug addict is one too many, but I think there are much greater social problems facing the Island which need to be tackled first, and most of them are linked to the use, or more accurately abuse, of alcohol. For instance, the number of drink driving incidents in the Isle of Man, given the population, is far too high. While people can argue a degree of mitigation for many crimes, this is one which is inexcusable and the sentences are nowhere near severe enough - getting home without killing someone when you are driving drunk is purely good luck, not good judgement.
I would wholeheartedly agree that anyone with a drink drive conviction should be banned from racing involvement for life - they knew the risks and took a decision to break that law and endanger their own life as well as the lives of others.
Secondly, alcohol-fuelled violence is a problem. We definitely need to put out a clear message that assault is not welcome here.

So, what do you think Colin? Given your hard line on drugs do you agree anyone with a conviction for drink driving should be excluded from involvement in racing for life and anyone with a conviction for violence against another person should have their involvement limited in some way? I'd be very interested in your view.
Counting down the days to TT09!
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 12:33 PM by Moan Moan.)
02-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Moan Moan Wrote:
FC Wrote:You dont live here and you dont know. The island has seen a large increase in drugs and violent crimes over the past ten years, and most have been commited by non Manx people.

Shockingly I find myself agreeing with Mr Moore that the Island should take a stance against those who are involved in the drug trade, especially those in the public eye, and a ban on involvement in the TT may be worth considering.
That said, I remain to be convinced the drug problem in the Isle of Man is truly that severe. Obviously one drug addict is one too many, but I think there are much greater social problems facing the Island which need to be tackled first, and most of them are linked to the use, or more accurately abuse, of alcohol. For instance, the number of drink driving incidents in the Isle of Man, given the population, is far too high. While people can argue a degree of mitigation for many crimes, this is one which is inexcusable and the sentences are nowhere near severe enough - getting home without killing someone when you are driving drunk is purely good luck, not good judgement.
I would wholeheartedly agree that anyone with a drink drive conviction should be banned from racing involvement for life - they knew the risks and took a decision to break that law and endanger their own life as well as the lives of others.
Secondly, alcohol-fuelled violence is a problem. We definitely need to put out a clear message that assault is not welcome here.

So, what do you think Colin? Given your hard line on drugs do you agree anyone with a conviction for drink driving should be excluded from involvement in racing for life and anyone with a conviction for violence against another person should have their involvement limited in some way? I'd be very interested in your view.

Yes
But think, be careful in what you reply. If a person has a current conviction that should be taken into consideration those that are spent goes a long way to prove a person has rehabilitated
02-07-2008, 12:51 PM