Shocking News - Christian Parzer
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Shocking News - Christian Parzer
Hi All,

This is really interesting especially since £22000 of the white stuff has been found on the Island and the blokes from Merseyside and a couple from the Island are up in court this week.

We have all got to admitt that we have all heard the stories of the odd ciggy getting passed round the paddock with a drop of the brown stuff installed we all must have known someone that used it. But I think the problem here is it is a serious drug thats involved, and if it was anyone else apart from a well known person would it have even been publisied. I am not condoning it but it seems other people are voicing extreme points of view without all of the facts. We don't know what happened, we don't know if the investigation has found anything, we don't know if Christian has had a threat made, he has said he was threatened but until its investigated properly we will not know the answers. So we shouldn't jump to conclusions ... I would hate Colin to be on a Jury, before anything has happened it would be guilty until proven innocent ...... lol

As for drugs in racing.. well there is no way to test for it without taking a blood sample so thats a non starter, but drugs can still have dramatic affects ... big spiders half way down Bray Hill are not really there by the way Cargo ... just in case you have any more stash in your two week old socks lol (kidding by the way............. there really are Spiders).

But seriously what can you do apart from ban someone involved in the distribution of drugs, and if so how far do you take it? As you are obviously not getting at the real problem ...... I think that a jail term if found guilty is never an option ..... its a must.... and surely this is punishment enough?

Here is a question for you .... if Christian is found not guilty and completely innocent ... how are you going to view him next time round ... sh*t sticks even if you never did anything in the first place ........ dangerous ground there unfortunately ....
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2008, 01:13 PM by DCLUCIE.)
02-07-2008, 01:07 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

There are all sorts of ways to do a drugs test............
hair
pee
saliva
cells scraped from inside the mouth

In fact I remember at Skerries one year a number of competitors were tested when many had to have a sample taken from inside their mouths.
Any sports competitor is liable to be faced with testing at anytime and that includes road racers..............

A big local employer here announced that they would test for drugs as part of the medical for employment word got out it was to be a hair sample that would be taken..............a number of people turned up for the medicial after having very close haircut thinking they would avoid the test................only to find that the nurse asked them to remove their shirts and raise their arm..............oxter hair was just fine thanks.
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

02-07-2008, 01:44 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
cargo Wrote:There are all sorts of ways to do a drugs test............
hair
pee
saliva
cells scraped from inside the mouth

In fact I remember at Skerries one year a number of competitors were tested when many had to have a sample taken from inside their mouths.
Any sports competitor is liable to be faced with testing at anytime and that includes road racers..............

A big local employer here announced that they would test for drugs as part of the medical for employment word got out it was to be a hair sample that would be taken..............a number of people turned up for the medicial after having very close haircut thinking they would avoid the test................only to find that the nurse asked them to remove their shirts and raise their arm..............oxter hair was just fine thanks.

I take your point Cargo but I bet the results of those tests are not wholy accurate, which in itself raises concerns for false readings. The proper way to do it is to test them at a hospital or Lab and this can takes weeks to get proper results. You can of course run with the dodgy tests but you should not be able to make a sound judgement from the results. So during a TT you can not ban the person straight away, and if it was me and there was a false reading I would definately sue the club for all expenses if that happened and I lost my races because of their incomplete tests.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
02-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Local Police catch Irish Dope Carrier

http://www.fotosearch.com/bigcomp.asp?pa...7T-001.jpg
02-07-2008, 03:25 PM
crock stock Offline

Threads: 0
where does it stop? ban molyneux for violant behaviour? didnt think so
02-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

To be honest, if this is proven, none of the sponsors will back him, and Klaffi has already distanced himself.
btw I understand Darren Hope may be passengering Klaffi at the Southern100.
02-07-2008, 07:31 PM
crock stock Offline

good point...he probably wont be back anyway
02-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Perspective Break

The Isle of Man does a lot to actively combat the consumption of the major problem drug in their society. There are many organisations trying to repair the damage caused and to educate young people in the use of the two most harmful and socially acceptable drugs openly available for sale all over the island.
If you speak to these people they will let you in on which is the biggest problem.
http://www.gov.im/dha/police/cau.xml

The only figures I can find are in the year 2002/2003:
Drug events / arrests were:

65% Alcohol
14% Cannabis
2.1% Heroin
1.2% Benzodazepines
under 1 % Amphetamines and Cocaine

By gender it was:
76% Male
24% Female

I think the IOM government are putting their resourses in the right places like most other countries.
Prohibition didn't work but I suppose they could consider the male drinking problem and ban all Irishmen during the TT fortnight.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
03-07-2008, 05:22 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Don read this. the police cant cope with the drugs problem here

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=22548
03-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Yes Colin it is the big quys they should be after not the kids on the street.
But they have been smuggling stuff into IOM for hundreds of years.
If you have been down to Dhoon Bay area there are the remains of the smuggling gear still there. Ask Bill Snelling he will know where it is.
I think it was Brandy for the Parson then.
I know people who fly in to the north of the Island so how hard would it be to bring in anything you like.
In 2003 when I arrived at Ronaldsway we went past a small window in the corridor as we came off the plane, the window was shut and someone said you have just passed customs!!
Just my opinion but I think grog is a bigger problem.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Find Reply
T-M Offline

Threads: 2
We believe recreational drug use is immoral because we are told that it is by the media and government. I'm not sure that in reallity it is any worse than smoking or drinking. The government just don't earn any tax on it and because they don't it allows the hard criminal element to control it. Therefore they make it illegal.

If Christian Parzer is convicted of dealing it is a different matter to possesion in my opinion. To brand someone like this seems wrong when there are much more serious crimes being commited by seemingly upstanding people.

I remember a top MGP competitor being imprisoned for rape, it hit the national press. He was found to be wrongly convicted and released. He was unfortunately killed at Birkins bend in his comeback MGP during practice. Even though he was finally proven innocent the stigma went with him to the grave.
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I remember that. It was very sad.
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
Nice lad was Norman.

He was very hard done by.

smilie
03-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

If you type his name into Google, you will be directed to a tribute site, where he is mentioned and he is exonerated.
03-07-2008, 07:15 PM
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
I agree that booze is a big problem here but I don't hear of many crimes related to getting money to buy it whereas with drugs you do.

Earlier this year I was on a cruise that terminated in Santiago,Chile and when we disembarked every single person had to stand in a line in the reception area with their baggage in front of them while a team of sniffer dogs and police with guns went up and down the lines,the whole process for over 2.000 people took less than 40 mins.

So if the IOM is really keen to stamp out drugs it can.....if really has the heart to.
03-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Find Reply
T-M Offline

Threads: 2
beepee Wrote:I agree that booze is a big problem here but I don't hear of many crimes related to getting money to buy it whereas with drugs you do.

Earlier this year I was on a cruise that terminated in Santiago,Chile and when we disembarked every single person had to stand in a line in the reception area with their baggage in front of them while a team of sniffer dogs and police with guns went up and down the lines,the whole process for over 2.000 people took less than 40 mins.

So if the IOM is really keen to stamp out drugs it can.....if really has the heart to.

Yes you do, with hard drugs such as heroin. I'm not advocating drugs or anything, but I can't help feeling that we are brainwashed into the simplistic view that anyone who takes them is a lowlife piece of scum. Even with some of the stuff that is no more or even less harmful or addictive than booze or fags.

You've probably noticed how we are slowly beginning to marginalise smokers, drinkers will be next and mark my words! It's all done by a government and media conspiracy. I realise that smoking and drinking are bad for your health but the choice will soon be made for you. You will become a pariah in society!
03-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Find Reply
crock stock Offline

your right t-m, alcohol is one of the worst drugs of all. it can ruin peoples lives in so many different ways and yet its seen as a totally acceptable thing to 'take'. why? you said it, tax.
im not advocating the use of drugs either, cocaine can be highly adictive but so can alcohol (although on a lesser scale). probably what makes drugs alot worse is that they are produced, sold and taken in an underground culture and therefore they can contain other ingredients which are probably worse than the drug itself
03-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Find Reply
renzo Offline

Threads: 4
thewitch Wrote:If you type his name into Google, you will be directed to a tribute site, where he is mentioned and he is exonerated.

tried to do that,but cant find it?
i was behind poor norman when he had his crash,worst i ever saw.
i would like to see a tribute to him.
den
03-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Find Reply