If you're across for the Southern100
thewitch
Unregistered

If you're across for the Southern100
Some daytime things to do when there's no racing on...
Monday is Tynwald Day, and if you make your way to St John's you can see the ceremonies and Princess Anne will be there. (So will the grandstands for the S100 start finish and Castletown Corner!)Loads to see and do. Get there early as there will be crowds, and, of course, road closures.
It's Manx National Week, and Ramsey is pushing the boat out with their celebrations, including a photographic exhibition, "TT- overseas riders and 50 years of Ducati" by Richard and Walter Radcliffe" in Ramsey Town Hall
Ramsey also has a Teddy Bears Picnic on Wednesday (I knew you'd be keen!), and the Purple Helmets that night at 7.30 at the Mooragh Car Park... however that clashes with the racing, so probably no good
Get yourself a copy of the new little book, "Isle of Man. One Stop Guide"(it's free and brilliant), and the What's On 2008... both should be available at the Sea Terminal and libraries. Also get yourself the local paper to see any last minute things that are on. Listen to Manx Radio, Energy FM or 3 Fm, as they also have lots of info.
Oh... and... The Sidings in Castletown have a beer festival on...
Don't hang around the paddock all day, every day... there's so much to see and do. If it's your first visit and you would like info on places to eat etc, post on here and we'll do our best to help.
Have a GREAT time.
PS the Museums are brilliant...smilie
03-07-2008, 10:13 AM
FC
Unregistered

RE: If you're across for the Southern100
And what time and date is the famous Witches Brew Barbeque
03-07-2008, 12:20 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Oh, that'll be when I've caught a wallaby to barbeque!
I'll be using the services of the Sidings Beer Festival.. buy you one if you're there, Colin.smilie
03-07-2008, 12:44 PM
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
although i wont be there, you have certainly broadened the horizions for any one coming to IOM for the first time.
04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Website Find Reply