Bummer!
thewitch
Unregistered

Bummer!
First the championship solo race was stopped after only three laps after major vandalism of the wall at Ballakeighan, by Victor Gilmore. Thankfully his injuries are relatively minor... certainly in comparison with the damage to his bike. I haven't seen one that bad in a long time. Sad
Then... the race I have been anticipating for a whole year, and excited about for the last week.. the sidecar final... ended abruptly, on the first lap, when three outfits collided, attempting to use the same space at Cross Four Ways. First reports indicate all are ok there too, thankfully.
The weather, while not as bad as yesterday, was awful. Wet, cold, miserable, even for November.Sad
Results later.
10-07-2008, 05:43 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Bummer!
However, good news for Ian Lougher (Happy Birthday, Ian)...

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=22846
10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
FC
Unregistered

Just left the Hospital after seeing Victor, as per usual Victor in good form but in a bit of pain. He has done a lot a damage to his ankle, broke his heel bone, cracked hip and is to have further scans in the morning as he has a lot of pain right side kidney area. He may be flown away for an op during the next day or two,.
But as we all know Victors a bit of an Arny, he, be back.smilie
10-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
Very sorry to hear about Victor,looks like he won't be celebrating tonightBonkCan't blame me for the rotten luck--I wasn't there!
Very disappointing for the sidecars though,not to get a race in.I am sorry for the S100 organisers as they do such a good job and seem to have drawn the short straw with the weather.
10-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
First of all, can I wish a very speedy recovery to all the injured .

i also hope the weather is better on Saturday up at Jurby, so the slideys can get a race as well as the solos.
....scone out to take photos!
10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Hilary M Wrote:Very sorry to hear about Victor,looks like he won't be celebrating tonightBonkCan't blame me for the rotten luck--I wasn't there!
Very disappointing for the sidecars though,not to get a race in.I am sorry for the S100 organisers as they do such a good job and seem to have drawn the short straw with the weather.

As per usual Gail was at the Hospital too, has she got a job there nowsmilie

No news on Gregg yet
10-07-2008, 08:13 PM
FC
Unregistered

Oh and before the rumours start, yes I was asked by the nurse to load Victors chopper in the sample flask but I said no and left it to ?Censored2 to do the honors
10-07-2008, 08:19 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
FC Wrote:Just left the Hospital after seeing Victor, as per usual Victor in good form but in a bit of pain. He has done a lot a damage to his ankle, broke his heel bone, cracked hip and is to have further scans in the morning as he has a lot of pain right side kidney area. He may be flown away for an op during the next day or two,.
But as we all know Victors a bit of an Arny, he, be back.smilie

Get well soon Victor and thanks for the updates folks.
Roll on Kells 2010
10-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

[Image: fanny_urinal.jpg]
10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Helena Finnegan Offline

Threads: 2
Poor Victor and he had been going so well this year, wishing him a full and speedy recovery.
10-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Greg and John Holden both staying overnight for checks, but nothing drastic.
10-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Keith Pursglove Offline

Threads: 1
My Buddy and I flew in Wednesday morning just to watch that nights racing.
Mooched round the paddock early on before doing the obligatory couple of laps of the Mountain circuit. Had lunch and set off to get a good spot to spectate. Then it started to rain...............
After racing was abandond went back to Douglas, spent the evening drying out and having a few Lemonades.
Caught the early morning flight back home Thursday and listened to the commentary on Manx Radio on line at work.

Now thats what I call a bummer.smilie.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2008, 03:01 PM by Keith Pursglove.)
11-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Find Reply