WARNING TO VISITORS
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
RE: WARNING TO VISITORS
I have just emailed the highways dept regarding our concerns about the parking restrictions.No doubt they will be as unforthcoming as they were with Malcom, but I don't allow people to mess around without giving decent explanations for their actions.I pointed out the poor relations they will attract from the tourist industry and the various motorsport events, but governments do as they please don't they? They ought to have the decency to contact the various event organisers so they can notify competitors of the problem,and it will be a problem for all those with vans.I suggest a few more of you sent emails to:- enquiries@highways.gov.im
04-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Maybe its not the Highways guys you need to petition, maybe it is the Motor Sports team at the DTL, they can then petition internally to the Dep of Highways. Always better to come from an internal source or you might just get the same old same old. I think that Paul might be more than happy to take this up as it obviously hits motorsport guys directly. Maybe a parking disc could be issued to competitors.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2008, 02:36 PM by DCLUCIE.)
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Find Reply
Hilary M Offline

Good idea Clucie.You obviously thought more about it than I did,in my enraged state.
04-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

My mate left his van on the prom last night and when he picked it up this morning it had a ticket on it issued at 5.10am.
04-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Hilary M Offline

Thank you for your email.

Vans have never been allowed on the seaward side of Loch Promenade. The parking is for Class A vehicles only as vans cause obstruction to passing motorists, to people on the footway and those waiting to cross the road who cannot see or be seen by motorists.

All addresses including hotels were advised of the enforcement last month and there was also a press release and an article in Highways Monthly.

Douglas Corporation have advised us that vans can park in the Bottle Neck car park. It must be noted however, that if they do take up more than one space then extra payment should be made. Their telephone number is 623021.

Regards

Diane Hughes

This was the reply I received from the powers that be.I presume they have put up CLEAR notices informing people with vans not to park there.I haven't looked myself.As you will see,it applies to Loch Promenade,so if tickets are issued in other places,they should be contested, as not everyone will be clear on this point. I do intend to make further enquiries.Censored2
07-08-2008, 02:55 PM
Find Reply