You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........
Well what a thread this has become. As The Clerk of the Course for the MGPSC I feel that I must react to the derogatory remarks made about myself and The Highly Regarded Scone Palace!!!
Whilst I can fully understand Cargos huge disappointment at not receiving a scone last year I feel his comments, if I had any emotions, would be hurtful, as the reasons for the non show of Scones were explained, with proof at last years MGP. The reason was simple, that by the time the scrutineers had taken delivery of their second double batch of Clotted cream and jam Scones, freshly prepared in The Scone Palace I might add, there was insufficient time to prepare any more due to haviung to change pistons in The Scone Rangers 250's, 2 sets each to swap and run in etc. Also Cargo, whilst YOU may not have realised it but we did YOU needed the low fat scones last year as well as this year but we don't do low fat!!!! smilie

Jan, I am as you quite rightly point out ' distinguished gentleman' smilie, I don't know who Justine is but I strongly urge you both not to heed any of these slanderous comments made by the 2008 Holy Grail Chaser and indeed you are cordially invited to visit The Scone Palace at any time of day or night although I must point out that whilst I am an ex road racer and young enough to be anybodies toy boy ( ref Cargo comment) I am the C.O.C for the MGPSC and therefore could not possibly engage in such activities as we as committee members have to be squeaky clean, whiter than white etc.

Scones are usually dispatched to MGPSC Committee members on the Sat 16th Aug in the early afternoon for approval for general release, then the Scrutineers just before 1st practice, quite rightly get the first public tasting, followed by allcomers from Sunday 17th onwards, stock permitting.

Boaksey, you are welcome to come and try the Scones, as C.O.C for MGPSC I will over turn the ruling that states you needed 6 tasting sessions first and allow you 2 large scones, stock permitting. However we do already have a Stealth and Safety officer for the MGPSC and he will do a thorough test on each batch before they are served.

Helen, I must point out that all of our Scones are supplied with usually clotted cream or in the event of a Manx National Clotted Cream shortage, then only the finest whipped cream is used instead.
You are of course cordially invited for a tasting session at your convenience.

Our team rider 'Brian The Scone Ranger Spooner' has been featured on the 'OFFICIAL' Manx Grand Prix website with our Scone recipe which has been supplied to the BBC for all to try.
http://www.manxgrandprix.org/Entries/light.html

Just click the link then click his name and you can see the high regard that Team Scone Ranger and The Scone Palace is held in.

Cheers
Russ Henley
Clerk of the Course Manx Grand Prix Social Club!!!!

smilie
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
20-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Mmmmmmmm....yum... and only 27 days to go.....
20-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
Helen, as an "Admin" you should delete and ban such as the above blatent commercial advertising. I just dribbled into my keyboard.smilie.

smilie On second thoughts, I could be persuaded to withdraw that comment on 25 August, as I will make the Scone Palace my first stopping place.
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
21-07-2008, 08:05 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

No point banning Russ... he'll just come back... and bring Spooner with him!
21-07-2008, 08:13 AM
The Bag Offline

Chris you're very welcome to withdraw that claim and claim your free scone. Helen, I would be back and do you really want me to bring Spooner with me BonkBonk
Russ
21-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Silly question, Russ!! smilie
BTW, please do come back!Youtheman Yahoosmilie
21-07-2008, 04:50 PM
The Bag Offline

I'm back Yahoo

But I've bought him with me!!!! smilie
(This post was last modified: 21-07-2008, 06:02 PM by The Bag.)
21-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.... remember we have children, and nervous people like Cargo reading this... please behave responsibly!
21-07-2008, 08:21 PM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
My colleagues are psychic (as well as psycho!)....

Got back into school yesterday morning after our school trip to Scarbro, to find that our SENCO had been so concerned about us missing our school dinners and starving to death, she'd done a bit of baking and waiting for us was not one, not even two, but....

wait

for

it.....

TWO DOZEN SCONES!!!!!!!

with jam and cream and even real butter....
So I managed to get some serious training in yesterday, whilst thinking of all my TTwebsite pals....

Yum!
(Makes up for the fact that we had to manage with treacle tart and bread & butter pud in Yorkshire....)
....scone out to take photos!
22-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Thinking of us...Rolleyes thinking of us... where's our scones?smilie Evilsmilie
22-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Kenny Offline

Threads: 4
Rolleyes  RE: You know the Manx is getting VERY near when........
thewitch Wrote:Thinking of us...Rolleyes thinking of us... where's our scones?smilie Evilsmilie

They've scone
22-07-2008, 09:40 AM
Find Reply
smokey125 Offline

Threads: 7
Finally got my numbers # 7 junior classic and # 63 ultra-lightweight. Yahoo

I'll finish it one day!
22-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Find Reply
hayley Offline

Threads: 19
Dan #39 ultra-lightweight
22-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
thewitch Wrote:Thinking of us...Rolleyes thinking of us... where's our scones?smilie Evilsmilie

Well, they wouldn't have kept, so I had no choice, did I?

This is in code, to protect those of a nervous disposition:

I 8 M
smilie
....scone out to take photos!
22-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
pete Offline

Threads: 0
All this talks making me want to go to Manx.im still skint after TT BUT MAY GO OVER TO SEE SCONE RANGER HOPEFULLY WIN THE LIGHTWEIGHT RACE
23-07-2008, 04:56 PM
Find Reply
Kenny Offline

Threads: 4
Could 'The Bag' (will he return to ride the MGP again?) advise plan number in paddock I wish to organise my attendance in the queue. Less than three weeks to go now.
The getting ready starts this week end
(This post was last modified: 25-07-2008, 03:35 PM by Kenny.)
25-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Kenny, having consulted Walmart (USA) over opening times and queing issues we have decided to operate an American queing system for the initial issue of the 2008 Scones!
It is quite a simple system whereas the people are 'want them' more than the others will get them first, stand at paddock entrance, when the Scone Palace doors open at approx 2m Sunday 17th then CHARGE!!!
Game on!! 3 weeks today first practice and the scrutineers will of course have had their first batch of fresh scones with clotted cream and jam.
Russ Yahoo
26-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Gstarron Offline

Threads: 36
My bike will proudly wear Number 53 in the Senior Classic (I was born in 1953 so this is a good sign..!!). Look out for the "Green Monster."
Yahoo smilie

Not sure why all this talk about food, when we all need to be on a diet... 7 pounds per Horse Power... or so "they" say... smilie

My sailing is late Friday the 15th, just enough time to get ready for first practice..!!! Pigfly

Thanks for letting me on to this site..!! And a special thanks for letting a Yank bike in the race..!! Cool

Cheers..!!!

Ron Tongue smilie
28-07-2008, 05:31 AM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

A very special welcome to you, and you will be getting visits!Yahoosmilie
28-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Steve Mc Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
#53 Jnr
#45 Snr

Happy enough, reflects my best finishes.

So much to do!!
28-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Find Reply