The John Britten Story
arzed Offline

Threads: 9
The John Britten Story
If anyone has a copy of "John Britten" by Tim Hanna then you are sitting on a little goldmine!! I have trid to get a copy of this book from Amazon about this amazing man and they have 5 copies available - starting at £102.95!!!!! Limited print run or what smilie
(This post was last modified: 25-07-2008, 04:14 PM by arzed.)
25-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
RE: The John Britten Story
arzed Wrote:If anyone has a copy of "John Britten" by Tim Hanna then you are sitting on a little goldmine!! I have trid to get a copy of this book from Amazon about this amazing man and they have 5 copies available - starting at £102.95!!!!! Limited print run or what smilie

.........and I have one in my Vast Collection!! but it ain't for sale yet !

plus the Hizzy Book, worth a bit too, and ALL the Joey Dunlop books.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
25-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
arzed Wrote:If anyone has a copy of "John Britten" by Tim Hanna then you are sitting on a little goldmine!! I have trid to get a copy of this book from Amazon about this amazing man and they have 5 copies available - starting at £102.95!!!!! Limited print run or what smilie

There is another version of this story, that John's wife had written, as she did not like all the honesty in the Tim hanna book!

But the other book is rubbish compared to the one above.
I can fix anything!
26-07-2008, 01:57 AM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
For the John Britten fans, we are UK agents for 'One Man's Dream' the video which chronicles John and his fabulous V-twins. It can be purchased from:
http://www.manxshop.com/index.php?main_p...ducts_id=1

Before Cargo asks, yes, we will give 10% discount to ttwebsite followers on this and all products on http://www.manxshop.com
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
(This post was last modified: 26-07-2008, 02:24 PM by Bill Snelling.)
26-07-2008, 04:25 AM
Website Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
will email tim hanna and tell him hes a rich man..and see if he has any copies,i got mine some time ago from him,will let u know if he answers,
26-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Find Reply
timhanna Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Hi there,
My book on John Britten is a weighty affair - about a kilo. Shipping it individually is therefore quite expensive. However if there was interest I could ship a box of eight via a freight forwarder and that would be cheaper. The cost in Kiwi dollars is $50 and from memory the frieght for an individul book is about $30. You can do the math on the conversion. Naturally I would be happy to sign it and add a message.
My book One Good Run, a biography of Burt Munro the subject of the film The World's Fastest Indian has had great success and I can also ship that. My book on the late Kim Newcombe will be out next year. Kim never raced at the Island of course being on the GP scene in 72 and 73 (2nd in 73 posthumpously on a Konig which he designed and built himself). By then, as you will all know the Circus had decided to ignore the TT.
By the way if any of you saw the doco about Kim called Love Speed and Loss you might understand why I am suing the theiving huas who stole the project from me and made such a rubbish job of it. Hopefully I will win and make a film that properly celebrates the man instead of a dirge that moans on about the tragic waste of it all. Road racing can be hard, we don't need some ignorant little twerp going on about it.

Go hard or go home
Tim Hanna
PS Anyone got a unit eight valve for sale at a ridiculously affordable price? My Rickman has a big hole in it where a motor used to be.

27-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

timhanna Wrote:Hi there,
My book on John Britten is a weighty affair - about a kilo. Shipping it individually is therefore quite expensive. However if there was interest I could ship a box of eight via a freight forwarder and that would be cheaper. The cost in Kiwi dollars is $50 and from memory the frieght for an individul book is about $30. You can do the math on the conversion. Naturally I would be happy to sign it and add a message.
My book One Good Run, a biography of Burt Munro the subject of the film The World's Fastest Indian has had great success and I can also ship that. My book on the late Kim Newcombe will be out next year. Kim never raced at the Island of course being on the GP scene in 72 and 73 (2nd in 73 posthumpously on a Konig which he designed and built himself). By then, as you will all know the Circus had decided to ignore the TT.
By the way if any of you saw the doco about Kim called Love Speed and Loss you might understand why I am suing the theiving huas who stole the project from me and made such a rubbish job of it. Hopefully I will win and make a film that properly celebrates the man instead of a dirge that moans on about the tragic waste of it all. Road racing can be hard, we don't need some ignorant little twerp going on about it.

Go hard or go home
Tim Hanna
PS Anyone got a unit eight valve for sale at a ridiculously affordable price? My Rickman has a big hole in it where a motor used to be.

TIM, get in touch mate

shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Shaun Harris
I can fix anything!
02-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I remember clearly getting a phone call from my mate Douglas Randall to say "Come down to the shop (Best of Bikes, Newbury) and see my new bikes".......................

And I drove down thinking that since Doug was a Suzuki dealer at the time it would be one of the latest in the range. I parked in the shop yard and walked into the workshop.....There before me were the Brittens being worked on prior to them heading out for the TT.....I was totally staggered by what I saw and was privileged to see the bikes in various stages of strip down. I spent most of the day there and subsequently followed them over the Island where one would be ridden by Shaun Harris (No. 23). It was a very interesting TT, being able to follow the Brittens and actually having to push one the length of the paddock to start it !! Wonderful memories and thanks to you Shaun for remaining a friend over all the years from when you were a rookie in a fluorescent jacket on Dougs Suzukis.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
03-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Website Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

ian huntly Wrote:I remember clearly getting a phone call from my mate Douglas Randall to say "Come down to the shop (Best of Bikes, Newbury) and see my new bikes".......................

And I drove down thinking that since Doug was a Suzuki dealer at the time it would be one of the latest in the range. I parked in the shop yard and walked into the workshop.....There before me were the Brittens being worked on prior to them heading out for the TT.....I was totally staggered by what I saw and was privileged to see the bikes in various stages of strip down. I spent most of the day there and subsequently followed them over the Island where one would be ridden by Shaun Harris (No. 23). It was a very interesting TT, being able to follow the Brittens and actually having to push one the length of the paddock to start it !! Wonderful memories and thanks to you Shaun for remaining a friend over all the years from when you were a rookie in a fluorescent jacket on Dougs Suzukis.

Ian, once a mate mate, always a MATE mate!

Now tell the world about Randall and throwing the chinese foood around ---WOOPS
I can fix anything!
03-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
06-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Website Find Reply