Craig Jones
thewitch
Unregistered

Craig Jones
British rider Craig Jones has died following his accident in the British round of the World Supersport Championship at Brands Hatch.

The 23-year-old Parkalgar Honda rider was fighting for victory in the race when he fell at Clark Curve and was hit by a following rider.

The race was immediately stopped and Jones received medical attention at the circuit before being air-lifted to the Royal London Hospital for further treatment, but despite the best efforts of the medical team, he succumbed to his injuries in the early hours of this morning (Monday).

"I am so desperately sad that Craig died from the injuries he sustained at Brands Hatch yesterday," Jonathan Palmer, chief executive of Brands Hatch owners Motorsport Vision said. "He was a really super young guy and only on the Saturday evening was I chatting to him in the paddock with him telling me about his WSB ambitions for 2009. Craig was so determined and professional, would always say hello and enthusiastically keep me in touch with his progress."

"Britain has lost a wonderful rider whom I admired enormously and had every chance of being a future World champion. It is fitting that the abiding memory so many of us will have of Craig was him riding brilliantly, battling for the lead of an incredible race, in front of his home crowd. It seems barely believable that such a freak accident claimed his life and I extend my deepest sympathies to his family and friends."
04-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Craig Jones
Unfortunately I, and many other people saw the acident on tv.It was pretty obvious that Craig was unconscious, but thankfully not obvious that it was as serious as it turned out to be.We can all say no more than condolences to his family and friends.We have lost a young man with great talent,to a sport he loved.A sad time
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Ctaig was hell of a nice young lad, always had time for a chat, will be sadly missed. RIP
04-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Chris Thackeray Offline

Threads: 28
a very sad day.

[Image: wsbikesbrands0001_17.jpg]
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Website Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
I remember when we did security for BSB/WSB a few years ago and we saw Craig regularly, a nice lad with a VERY proud Dad. Deepest sympathy to his family.
Rus
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Website Find Reply
Helena Finnegan Offline

Threads: 2
So very sad, and wasn't nice to watch at all. Our thoughts and prayers are with his girlfriend, family and friends at this very sad time.
04-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Find Reply
andy21aa Offline

Threads: 6
Terribly sad news. Condolences to Craig's family, friends and fans, and my heart goes out to Andrew Pitt, God knows how he must be feeling right now. Just a tragic, tragic accident.
04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
I couldn't believe this when I heard what had happened. Watched the race on TV and when I heard he had come round in the chopper I felt so relieved. Only so so sad to find it was all not to be. Such a nice bloke, they say this all the time about people, but Jonesy WAS one of those few. My thoughts go to his girlfriend and family. Also sparing a thought for poor AP if this is true about the knock.

RIP Jonesy
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
04-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
Very sad, heard the news from Mum whilst competing for our athletes team yesterday that he'd had a bad one. I had a gut feeling he wouldn't pull through, such a shame a very talented well liked figure around the paddock.
Condolances to the family.
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
04-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Website Find Reply
Michael Offline

Threads: 6
I was in Brands Hatch and saw this horrible accident with my own eyes.
It's allway tragic when a young talented rider lost his life for his sport.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Michael
05-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Website Find Reply
pete Offline

Threads: 0
Sad news indeed deepest condolences to his family and friends RIP CRAIG
05-08-2008, 12:59 PM
Find Reply
oggy Offline

Threads: 2
I only know of him what I saw of him on the televised racing and he sertainly looked a class act I would just like to add my thoughts and condolences go out to his family and freinds.
05-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Find Reply
alf885 Offline

Threads: 46
A memorial site has been set up for fans to leave tributes and condolences here
05-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Website Find Reply