Legal action against S 100 club
FC
Unregistered

RE: Legal action against S 100 club
Final reply
Riders and clubs HAVE to take insurance before any racing can take place, Insurance is taken out to cover the costs of any damage or injury to a third party so whats the problem. If you are all against this fan being compensated for his injuries (and you seem to spend a lot of time doing it ) why not put all your efforts into saving the riders and clubs money by opposing compulsory insurance.
How about a petition Helen.

NO MORE INSURANCE FOR RIDERS AND CLUBS smilie
09-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Wantan Offline

Threads: 3
It's a fascinating discussion this one, and one which has probably been fuelled by the unnecessary amount of sensationalist media coverage that the IOM Newspapers have given it. But that's another beef of mine I won't start on now.

"Where theres blame there's a claim"
True enough. So IF the S100 were to blame - then their insurance against this sort of claim will kick in I guess. That's why they pay the premiums isn't it?

And if they weren't - then the claimant gets nothing.

Maybe I'm naive but somewhere there has to be a distinction between injuries caused as a result of negligence and those caused by an accident.

I'm guessing the claimant didn't have accident insurance. If he did - would the insurance company refuse to pay out because he put himself in a position of danger? Note - "he put himself...". So who's to blame?

The burger van has been mentioned a few times in reports. If it had rolled into him and broken his leg, would he sue the van owner, or the S100 club for allowing it (and him) to be parked their? Any legal opinions?
09-08-2008, 02:57 PM
Find
FC
Unregistered

I did say final reply but dragged in again.
We have many so called experts on here and riders but not one can give the answer why do riders and clubs pay insurance, Asked the same question on other forums and got the same result. So called experts don't know.smilie
09-08-2008, 07:06 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

Colin, we are road racing fans, not lawyers or insurers. You're asking the wrong people. Find a shysters forum Lol!
09-08-2008, 09:25 PM
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
FC Wrote:I did say final reply but dragged in again.
We have many so called experts on here and riders but not one can give the answer why do riders and clubs pay insurance, Asked the same question on other forums and got the same result. So called experts don't know.smilie

Colin, why do you ask bloody silly questions when you already know the answer.

Clubs buy insurance to protect themselves, their officials and riders at their meetings against claims from Third Parties (typically spectators, but sometimes Officials and indeed, as we in Ireland now well know, Competitors!!) who have suffered injury at the meeting in question.

Riders, usually, buy insurance against personal accident to themselves.

Enough of this nonsense!!!

Censored2
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2008, 09:40 PM by larryd.)
09-08-2008, 09:37 PM
Find
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Because they have to .
09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Find