TT & MGP Memorial Book on Sale
eric Offline

Threads: 13
ISLE OF MAN TT & MGP MEMORIAL BOOK

Now on sale, a book dedicated to the memory of all competitors that have lost their lives on the Isle of Man TT course whilst taking part in official practice, race or parade during the TT & MGP meetings. ALL PROFITS from the sale of the book will be donated to charities connected with motorcycle racing on the Isle of Man.

The book is A4 in size and contains over 230 pages. It has a paperback cover and is on sale at £25 per book plus postage and packaging. It will not be available in shops due to the high cut taken by dealers, which would defeat the object of raising money for charity. Therefore, if anyone would like to order a book they can do so by either writing to me, Paul Bradford, 20, Glebe Aalin, Ballaugh, Isle of Man, IM7 5BX contacting me by telephone 01624 898578 or by email: paulbradford@manx.net All cheques to be made out to Paul Bradford.

Postage and packaging to Isle of Man, UK & Channel Islands is £4.00

I Have my copy and very good it is
07-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: TT & MGP Memorial Book on Sale
Welcome back, Eric... long time no hear.
07-08-2008, 07:22 PM
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
Eric - you beat me to it! I was going to post today on this very subject! I helped Paul with some of the pictures and I know he's worked incredibly hard on this project, so please support him.

If you're looking for gory sensationalism then don't bother but if you'd like a sensibly portrayed memorial to those who gave everything to race the mountain course, then get yer money out!

I'll be picking my copy up at the Manx.
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Website Find Reply
Tom Loughridge Offline

Threads: 12
Nice to see you back Eric
When the flag drops the bullcrap stops
08-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
For those coming to the Island for the Manx, we will have copies for sale at the MGP photo exhibition at the Laxey Woollen Mills for the next three weeks.

[Image: Bradmemsmall.jpg]

Copies also available from our Ebay site:
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Manxshop_W0QQss...3aSTQQtZkm

No discount taken, all profits to local bike charities
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
14-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Website Find Reply
Gert Meulman Offline

Threads: 4
...got the book today, had just a quick look and read through it, think it's a great tribute to all the riders who lost their lives on the Mountain Course, very well written, I am very happy with the book, it's one of the best in my collection, thanks to Paul Bradford for his nice letter with the book...
13-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
i purchased the same when i was over at Manx GP.
Heartbreaking to read i must admit, but certainly a fitting tribute to those who lost their lives, to the author, its a credit, no doubt a lot of time and effort went into this.
Baylon
http://www.irishracephotography.com
14-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Thanks Eric, we may have had our differences of opinion in the past but on this subject there can be no disagreement. Without being morbid these people deserve a place in history. Some of the finest riders to put a leg over a bike have unfortunately paid the ultimate price for their sport and I am glad to see them celebrated in print.

"Yet will the young man’s heart still cling to the choice of Achilles—
Grief, an untimely doom, fame that eternal abides."

William Cranston Lawton
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
16-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Find Reply
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
I have a confession to make - and an apology.

When I first heard that a book about our fallen heroes was being prepared, my initial thought was that it was in bad taste and that the author would be profiteering from the heartbreak of the friends and families of those being written about.

However, although I've not yet seen or read the book myself, it does appear that the exact opposite is the case and that the book forms a fitting tribute as well as raising money for charity.

That being the case, I apologise for being a grumpy old cynic and would like to pass on my best wishes and thanks.

A very humble Boakesey
....scone out to take photos!
16-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Find Reply