Suspected terrorist
cargo
Unregistered

Suspected terrorist
TTwebsite forum member has been detained by the Australian security agencies and searched for pocession of explosives and weapons ahead of her journey to the Nothern Hemisphere.

After the search all they could find was a dozen bottles of chardonny and a pair of wallibies. Early reports reveal that she has been released and allowed to continue on her travels.

She will be arriving here in Norn Iron on Tuesday avo as planned.
11-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Hilary M Offline

Threads: 26
RE: Suspected terrorist
No doubt the bottles of Chardonay will be "dropped" over NI Cargo,accidentally of course.Just hope most of her luggage remains in the holdYahoo
11-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
Those bottles will be empty and probably rolling around the aisles of an Emirates jet somewhere. Jan is probably still going round and round on a luggage carrosell in Heathrow at the moment completely befuddled by the whole new civilization experience.
Somebody warn Tom to lock his Sherry cabinet before she arrives.
And don't be bluffed if she tries to throw her weight around with that white coat and clipboard, tell her she hasn't got Wayne Gardiner to protect her now.
[Image: 2756930692_a98a924f3b.jpg?v=0]
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Find Reply
TLindsay Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Was speaking to Jan today at Dundrod ...she was so pleased to have been speaking to another one of her heros ......Victor ...!
14-08-2008, 04:09 AM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Have I just seen Cargo walking down the street, if it was he ain't got any hair, I was going to stop for a chat but the kids got scared of what they saw.smilie

[Image: 15665_big_tough_bald_man_with_a_mom.jpg]
15-08-2008, 04:12 PM
thewitch
Unregistered

I understand that Jan has been spreading terror throughout Norn Irn today.
No, Cargo is not here... he's also in Norn Irn at the moment... must have been some other scary person!
15-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Don Simons Away

Our hero and counter terrorist Tom Loughridge has saved the day with the oldest trick in the book.
Jan could not resist the lure of the good life and came in from the cold.
[Image: 2769498829_7efc6718b6_m.jpg]
17-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
Looks like a fine pair of Wobblies to me!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
20-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

You can all relax, Jan has returned to the Land Down Under.

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."
07-09-2008, 02:35 AM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
Great thread, thanks everyone. True Story. I was entering the departure check, first point was questioned by a guy when he noted my TT jacket. Discovered he was a speedway person who knew some of my friends....what a co-incidence. Moved towards the boarding lounge when I was called into a room by lady and gent who asked me to open purse and hand luggage. Man used some sort of scanning instruments entirely over my body after requesting me to hold hands out and turn them over. I honestly thought it was a 'wind up'. Next the lady asked me to hold out arms, I spread my legs (pity it was a woman and I certainly didn't fancy her) and proceeded to frisk me front and back. I then asked "What are you looking for?" Reply......EXPLOSIVES!
Cargo reckons it was because I was heading for Northern Ireland.
Yes, Victor, it was lovely to see you. Sorry we didn't catch up again.
07-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
Forgot to mention the incredible hospitality of Larry and Jane, Tom and Ann together with all the wonderful people I met in Norn Iron. In addition it was great to meet up with the members of the TT website. Wonderful, also, to catch up with Malcolm. There are so many to mention but I must say, I was delighted to meet one who I had not met before, Hilary. Would have loved to have spent more time with everyone but, unfortunately, I had obligations to another group of people I met at my first visit in 1990.
Thanks for the limo collection at the airport, Cargo, thanks Helen for the Champers upon arrival. Contrary to the scary stories of Manx2 flights, I discovered that I should not have feared the trip on the baby aeroplane as it was the best flight of all.
07-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Find Reply