JOHN GOODALL
GREEBA#94 Offline

Threads: 11
JOHN GOODALL
It saddens me to say that it has just been announced on Manx Radio that John has died following injuries he received yesterday.
my thoughts go to all concerned.

Greeba#94
26-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
renzo Offline

Threads: 4
RE: JOHN GOODALL
GREEBA#94 Wrote:It saddens me to say that it has just been announced on Manx Radio that John has died following injuries he received yesterday.
my thoughts go to all concerned.

Greeba#94

oh no!,not john.
after all those years,such sad news,i'm in shock.
26-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

I agree, Renzo, the first reaction is to be stunned, that this could happen. Racing is an unforgiving sport, and even the best are taken unexpectedly. Few will be missed so sorely.
26-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
RIP one of the great characters and most respected riders at the Manx Grand Prix. I remember John from racing against him in the 70s and 80s with the North Glos (as they were then). He was damn fast then, exceptionally smooth and always on beautifully prepared machinery.

The first winner of the Senior Classic, 25 years ago, and despite being a "Holiday Racer" John was always in the top half-dozen riders on his original, reliable and immaculate G50 Matchless, ever cheerful and ever helpful to his fellow riders, a true gentleman. You always wondered if this was the year he'd be on the top step again, but alas it never happened, and now never will.

One of the good guys, sadly missed.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2008, 10:28 PM by Tomcat.)
26-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Website Find Reply