deleted postings
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
deleted postings
Admin why are certain postings deleted and who decides? ok the poor people got stuck in a traffic jam so what i read the Manx forums and most were not upset in fact road closing is well advertised in all the Manx papers and the radio give live updates so get a life or try living in the UK weret raffic jams are part of life.

Hi Pykey,

There are three people who have the facility availbale to them to delete postings. Myself, Helen and Cargo. The latest deletions appear to have been carried out by Helen. I was not involved with this and neither was Cargo as either I was simply not available or like Cargo was up at the Paddock when the deletions took place.

I shall have a chat with Helen on this matter, and if anyone has a complaint about the way the site is monitored, then please pm me personally and I shall review said correspondence and take any appropriate action that may thereafter be necessary.

Malcolm
Roll on Kells 2010
(This post was last modified: 30-08-2008, 03:39 PM by Malcolm.)
29-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
RE: deleted postings
re road closures if this is not deleted before you have time to go to it..see the iomtoday.co.im site there are many many people upset at the way it has been handled,and i think what they say should be read..i am neutral on this ,i dont live on the island,and i was a manx competitor for 5 years,but these views cant just be swept aside.there seems to be a lot of angry people,,,,
29-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

I cannot believe the hatred on the Manx online site towards the racing and racers following the road closure problems, due to the weather.
We have been visiting the Island since the 80's, and the thread on that site is the worst I have ever seen. If it was the Uk, there would surely be grounds for a racial discrimination law suite! (only joking).

So to all those who negatively contributed to it- thanks for making us all feel so very welcome.

And to the supporters- god bless you all!!
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
29-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Website Find Reply
ancient Offline

calm down dear as mr winner would say...you and many may not agree with these people,but all views have to be taken in to account not just ours.they have a point.if it had been handled in a different way(the road closures) this negative publicity may have been avoided.but who are we to dismiss them out of hand?diplomacy is needed or it will only grow all the more.will it not,,
29-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Find Reply
Carole Offline
Multi tasker

Ancient,
Please don't get me wrong- I have the greatest sympathy with the Island residents caught up in the traffic chaos and unable to plan their days with certainty. it must be hugely frustrating to be trapped in your own home or sit in queues, I know it annoys me also at home.
However, it is the tone of some of the postings on the Manx-online thread that I was referring to.
I believe that it is better to be polite at all times- that way people tend to listen more, and respect your views.

Every one is entitled to their opinion, but insults and personal remarks, in my view are not acceptable (I am referring to the Manx online thread, not this site or forum members).

I am not privy to the facts and figures of income and expenditure in connection with the racing, and it is not any of my business to have that information, however I find it a little hard to understand how greatly reducing the income of the hoteliers, steam packet, restaurants, shops advertising and associated trades that benefit from the Manx and TT can be a good thing for the economy in the long term, should the racing be discontinued. All of these trades provide jobs and income for the Island- no jobs and it would surely be inevitable that younger Manx residents would look outside of the Island for work.

I hope a solution is found, that satisfies both the Islanders and the visitors- where else would we spend our Summers?
Life's too short- live it to the max and enjoy yourselves
29-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Website Find Reply
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
I Know this is slightly off topic, but i posted on my Tribute to the Late John Goodall on another site (an irish biking site), and guess what?, It was DELETED!!, So much for the small racing community!
30-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Website Find Reply
2 stroke nod Offline

Baylon - I was personally disappointed that the thread was locked then removed earlier today
30-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

We all see that another Thread has been deleted today, Favorite Videos and pictures thread, Why please

*** The thread in question has NOT BEEN DELETED. Look under Photographs and you wil find it in there a more appropriate section of the site for such postings. ***
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2008, 08:05 PM by Malcolm.)
14-09-2008, 07:53 PM
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Colin are you there this w/end ?Bonkbonk:smiliesmiliesmilie
Roll on Kells 2010
18-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Find Reply