TV coverage of TT, MGP & S100.
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
TV coverage of TT, MGP & S100.
http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=24924

Basically, future coverage is up in the air as Greenlight are saying not enough copies of the MGP and S100 dvds are bought to justify the cost of producing them.

I personally think the amount they make from their TT and other motor sport products should mean that when the DTI negotiate the contract for TT coverage, it should include a requirement for them to cover that Manx and Southern 100 as well.

Some coverage of Jurby (Road) would be nice, too, but I've got more chance of winning the lottery that of that happening....

What say you?
....scone out to take photos!
01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Find Reply
T-M Offline

Threads: 2
RE: TV coverage of TT, MGP & S100.
boakesey Wrote:http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=24924

Basically, future coverage is up in the air as Greenlight are saying not enough copies of the MGP and S100 dvds are bought to justify the cost of producing them.

I personally think the amount they make from their TT and other motor sport products should mean that when the DTI negotiate the contract for TT coverage, it should include a requirement for them to cover that Manx and Southern 100 as well.

Some coverage of Jurby (Road) would be nice, too, but I've got more chance of winning the lottery that of that happening....

What say you?

Greenlight were not asked to film the MGP or S100 for the first time in 14 years. They don't sell DVD's or video's that is Duke Marketing.

They haven't made fortunes from filming the TT or MGP, they just cover costs. It's like a sort of CV that they can show around to prospective clients, and they actually did it for the love of the events as all the directors live on the island! They are an internationally renowned company and a credit to the Isle of Man.

I have no idea who put the blocks on filming the MGP and S100 though?
02-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Find Reply
FC
Unregistered

Well said T-M,
02-09-2008, 06:46 PM
boakesey Away

Threads: 65
T-M Wrote:Greenlight were not asked to film the MGP or S100 for the first time in 14 years. They don't sell DVD's or video's that is Duke Marketing.

They haven't made fortunes from filming the TT or MGP, they just cover costs. It's like a sort of CV that they can show around to prospective clients, and they actually did it for the love of the events as all the directors live on the island! They are an internationally renowned company and a credit to the Isle of Man.

I have no idea who put the blocks on filming the MGP and S100 though?

My apologies for my ignorance.

I always thought Greenlight was part of Duke video, probably because I remember about a decade ago chatting to a couple of freelance cameramen wearing "Greenlight TV" shirts who said they were filming the races for Duke video. I now stand corrected, sorry for my mistake.

The Manx Radio article stated that there was no coverage this year as the" deal between the Department of Tourism and Leisure and local TV production company Greenlight Television to shoot THIS year's events fell through", but it didn't give any further details why, other than what I reported in my original post.

Anyway, I just hope something gets sorted or all we'll be able to watch will be You Tube, which is ok for its genre but I'd rather have a dvd.

In the meantime, I promise not to confuse the two different companies in future - am I forgiven folks?
smilie
....scone out to take photos!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008, 09:27 PM by boakesey.)
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
Find Reply
ali Offline

Threads: 5
Greenlight I think do the donkeywork and Duke do the selling.
I remember when this years TT dvd went on sale from Duke @ 19.99 ish on another motorcycling website somebody said to order from play.com I think price was 11.99 so there is £8 saving straight away and freepost and packing and arrives in a couple of days. In this day and age when you can buy blank cd's/dvd's cheaply, for the companies it must only cost pence to burn a disc so there must be a very large profit to be made.
Maybe be an opening for someone starting off I am sure S100 and MGP would be interested.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2008, 11:07 PM by ali.)
02-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Find Reply