Steve Norbury
thewitch
Unregistered

Steve Norbury
It is with great sadness that I have to report that Steve Norbury lost his life yesterday, as a result of injuries caused by an accident at Hockenheim.
Steve was a TT stalwart, and will be much missed here. He was a very popular person, and my thoughts are with his family and many friends.

Passenger Rick Long is in hospital with leg injuries.
08-09-2008, 10:38 AM
andy21aa Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Steve Norbury
I heard rumours of this yesterday, and I hoped and prayed it was a horrible mistake, sadly it wasn't to be. I find it hard to believe that so many good and wonderful people could have been taken from us this year. Road racing can be so seductive, and yet it can bite back so viciously hard.

Another terribly sad day, my thoughts are with Steve's family and friends, and I wish Rick a speedy recovery and the strength to come through this tragedy.

RIP
08-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Find Reply
Fitz Offline
Fitzjnr

Threads: 15
I simply can't believe this. I am completely devastated by this news.

Steve was a hero of mine in the Sidecar World and the best rider to have not won a TT Race. Always up for a laugh and a chat and was getting to grips with new motors at this years TT. Was only a matter of time before he got that win.

Also one of the cleanest riders out there, you could go head to head with Steve and always feel safe.

Racing has suffered another awful loss of just a brilliant guy.

My thoughs are with Jim Norbury and Family, Sally and all at Team Lockside.

Also get well soon to Rick Long. Hope to see you up and about soon Rick.
08-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Find Reply
sicknote69 Offline

Threads: 2
As said by Fitz total shock,just no idea what to say.

Fitz snr.
08-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Find Reply
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
This is a tragedy,what a loss to the family of sidecars,Steve served his apprentiship on tt course,and progressed up leader board over the years.It wasnt lack of ability he never got his deserved tt win,just one or to had better machines.My thoughts are with family on this terrible sad day ,god bless steve,thanks for great memories ,roger.
PITLANE 07
08-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Find Reply
GarryD Offline

Threads: 17
On behalf of GDR RACING our thoughts and prayers are with Steve's family at this sad time.

Gaynor
Motor cycling, mountain climbing and bull fighting are the only true sports. All the rest are childrens games played by adults.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2008, 04:33 PM by Malcolm.)
08-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
Sickened by Steves death , never met him but being a sidecar fan he was always there at the sharp end , well turned out & always spectacular , a big hole in the sidecar family RIP . Shaun Hogg
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Indeed shocking news
Words as ever at such time are inadequate
RIP
MV
09-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Website Find Reply
RichieRich Offline

Threads: 4
I was really saddened to hear of the tragic death of Steve. My best memories are seeing him at the top of Barregarrow and also taking a photo of him and my young son in the paddock at the 2007 TT.
Sincere condolences to Steve's family.
Richard.
15-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Find Reply