Tourist Board
rabscallion Offline

Threads: 3
Tourist Board
The Tourist Board should come and interview my wife for next years brochure. I took the lovely Susan to the Manx. Her 1st time on the Island. She really loved it, and you know what the weather was like.

She was so very impressed with the people (even after meeting Cargo!!). They were so helpful. We were looking for buses and taxi options to get to the Cat with no tail. "Use my phone" they said, " I'll show you where to get the bus from." Very refreshing.

Much quieter than the TT and all the better for the sort of holiday we had in mind. Brilliant. She wants to come back. Now if I could just get her interested in the actual racing.

As an aside the only problem with letting her meet the racers (not like those sensible GP organisers) is She got to see Guy Martin with his shirt off (at the ulster). I haven't heard the last of it. "Didn't he have big muscles. Makes you feel quite inadequate!

Rob
14-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
RE: Tourist Board
My own experience exactly at the MGP a few years back. Although nobody took their shirt off for me. Looks like it is a gym membership for you Rob.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
15-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Find Reply
rabscallion Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Tourist Board
LOL Don, nah I'll stick to the Pilates for men (beer drinking, but standing up)
15-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Find Reply