Guy Martin
GREEBA#94 Offline

Threads: 11
Guy Martin
See attached from Guy's website.

Morning folks, just sat at work waiting for a job to come in. I’ve got a bit of a sore head, but I’ve got a cup of the strongest polish coffee you can imagine on the go. I didn’t end up rolling in the tractor. Instead, like I said I do if I won, I was off in the pub. I’ll tell you, I’m not designed for drinking and I know about the begger this morn. Oh well I’ve got a bit of steam cleaning on in minute, there is no better cure for a hangover.
Well, six Gold Cups on the trot is mint, for me but more importantly for James, Kate and Warren, we all needed a win or two, so a massive thanks for to ‘em and especially Shaun Muir for keeping everyone up through the lows.
Next year is all sorted, I’m on Yamaha with Rob McElnea. There is a new R1 coming out and it’s got a pink frame, so with pink being the new black and me getting some proper trick pink pedals on my downhill bike there was no choice, I had to be on a Yam.
When it comes to preparation there is no better Yamaha team to be with than Rob’s. They’ve been building trick bikes since the beginning of time, so I’m 100% sure this is my key to success at TT. Also, there will be no better bloke to get me sorted for success on the short circuits. Rob’s been their done it and all that.
But there is still the rest of 2008 to go at, two BSB rounds and Macau. Macau was looking good last year until I had a to do with a wall, so hopefully we’ll be on the case this year.
Finally, for now a big thanks to every who came to Scarborough, to Jon for the pit board, the random bloke who brought me a year;s supply of tea, the bloke who brought me the Harrods tea, and to matey boy up stairs for the weather

I think this will be a very good move for Guy and i believe will give a great oppurtunity to take it to Honda at their 50th TT anniversary.

Greeba#94
22-09-2008, 03:05 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

RE: Guy Martin
"There is a new R1 coming out and it’s got a pink frame, so with pink being the new black and me getting some proper trick pink pedals on my downhill bike there was no choice, I had to be on a Yam."
Says it all really!! I am delighted, as I think he and Big Rob will make a great team. I wouldn't like to be in on an argument between them though!
I hope next year he gets all those near misses translated into wins... a bumper year that would be.
22-09-2008, 06:00 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
I agree Helen
So near yet so far

Please Guy, dont give up!

Your time will come
MV
23-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

He never gives up. Doesn't understand the concept. Never blames anyone, or frets about mishaps, just looks forward with high expectations.He's a WINNER!
23-09-2008, 10:40 AM
steveJR Offline

Threads: 3
smilieCool
Well done to Guy Martin for his sixth win at the Scarborough Gold Cup(On Sunday); And for being the first to make history by winning it six times! True lincolnshire blood always determined, always pushing for success!
Also, with your new team next year. But...Pink?! Umm!
Stop your bike..relax the whole day; Don't think that you have'nt travelled anywhere! You've just been all around the 'Globe'!!
23-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

We'll all be in the pink with Guy next year! As he says.. pink is the new black!
23-09-2008, 01:44 PM
granmaanne Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Was a good show a Scarborough the Gold Cup always the best and with Guy doing the business spot on Go Big or go home it says on the T shirt he went big,
02-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
granmaanne Wrote:Was a good show a Scarborough the Gold Cup always the best and with Guy doing the business spot on Go Big or go home it says on the T shirt he went big,

I got some one to steal/nick that ShirtYahoo
I can fix anything!
05-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Find Reply
granmaanne Offline
Just Getting Started

Shaun Harris Wrote:
granmaanne Wrote:Was a good show a Scarborough the Gold Cup always the best and with Guy doing the business spot on Go Big or go home it says on the T shirt he went big,

I got some one to steal/nick that ShirtYahoo
17-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Find Reply
granmaanne Offline
Just Getting Started

naughty nice shirt though
17-10-2008, 04:24 PM
Find Reply