Italy calling
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
Italy calling
Hi Gang
Finally found a hotel with internet connection (had to spend more than 20 Euros mind.
Super time in Mandello del Lario, I will write the tale of 'Al Verde' when I get back.
Just been to see a collection of Guzzi that you would not believe. Not one but THREE V-8s - single and twin racers from the 20s through to the last ones in the late 50s, an across-the-frame four, supercharged singles and twins of all capacities - and that was just the race room! There must have been at least a hundred road models, including the v-twin half-track built for WWII.
Needed a day there, not just an hour or so. Currently basking in Varese, then heading down for San Marino, Bologna etc.
Still raining in the Island?
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
26-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Italy calling
Now look here Snelling I do not wish to know what a wonderful time you are having over there,as I said when you dropped your seat in Italy is just about my most favourite place.I am totally envious of you,think I might put a nail under the covering.....smilie
26-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

beepee Wrote:Now look here Snelling I do not wish to know what a wonderful time you are having over there,as I said when you dropped your seat in Italy is just about my most favourite place.I am totally envious of you,think I might put a nail under the covering.....smilie

Pat will not be amused, she won't see the point of that!!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
26-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Website Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Wrong location - Varazze, near Genova - just a few hundred miles out!
26-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Website Find Reply
thewitch
Unregistered

Lovely weather here, Bill... and I am sure Pat would feel the point!! Have a lovely time!
26-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Bill Snelling Offline

They tell me a local lad won the Moto GP championship today - talk about a partisan crowd, there were celebrations all over Italy.
Since Varreza, its been Pisa, Prescia, Arrezo, Anghiari - better not carry on, the seat will cost more than the bike!
28-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Website Find Reply