US racer needs help......ManxGP
crewnutz Offline

Threads: 6
US racer needs help......ManxGP
To anyone that can help I would me VERY grateful.

I recently traveled to the Isle of Man to work as mechanic for Mike Crellin and John Crellin at this years TT. I wanted to experience it before committing myself to racing on the mountain course. I am hooked and Im already preparing to race there.

I am having trouble securing a license and confirming that I will be allowed to race on the mountain course in the ManxGP in 2009. I currently hold a national license here in the USA and I will be getting my FIM non-championship license in January 2009. Do I need to have any other types of licensing or have completed a certain amount of races prior to the MGP in August?

I already have bikes to ride, I have plenty of people that want to help me do this, I just need someone who can help me with the licensing. Please anyone that can help I would be MOST appreciative!!!

Brandon Cretu
30-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Find Reply
Kev from RRS.Com Offline

Threads: 19
RE: US racer needs help......ManxGP
You beat me to it, as i was going to copy your post from iomtt.com here Smile

Anyway, i'm sure the likes of Cargo should be able to assist you with this oneWink

Just have to wait for him to look in.

Kev
Those that do don't, and those that don't, do
http://www.roadracingsupporters.com
30-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Website Find Reply
crewnutz Offline

Threads: 6
Kev from RRS.Com Wrote:You beat me to it, as i was going to copy your post from iomtt.com here Smile

Anyway, i'm sure the likes of Cargo should be able to assist you with this oneWink

Just have to wait for him to look in.

Kev

Thank you!

also some more info.....
The AMA here in the US will be issuing me a FIM non-championship license in January of 2009. Is this enough as far as licensing goes to make me eligible? Also will 6 roadraces here in the US count towards the races I need to be eligible?

I have been in touch with Ann Kinvig but she forwarded me to Rowena Perks with the ACU. Even after talking with her Im not sure how to become eligible to compete in the ManxGP.

You would think they would make some concessions for an international racer interested in coming over to compete?
(This post was last modified: 30-10-2008, 03:21 PM by crewnutz.)
30-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
Crewnutz. I'll have a good look into your dilema, but one thing you will learn VERY quickly is that racing in the UK is covered by the ACU. Consessions for riders?????? A definitive answer to a question?????? You're pushing it a bit there mate Rolleyes
You will get to race and believe me you WILL love it!!! As far as I understand the rules your 6 race meetings should count and qualify you for the Mountain course licence, but I will try to confirm this.
Cheers
Russ
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
02-11-2008, 11:15 AM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

Hi Brandon...............

Sorry I've not replied to you email yet......but I've not forgotten you.
I've been on nights................nothing new there.

Tomorrow is a day off............... all day.
I'll be speaking to the ACU to find out exactly what is required of you with regard to your race licence......................given that you have 6 meetings already done your TT course licence should be NO problem it's your actual race licence that needs to be sorted out.

As the Bag says you will get to race.................... and you will love it.

But stay away from The Bag he is known to lead innocents astray...

First it'll be the scones then something much much worse.............
02-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Shaun Harris Offline

Threads: 48
The Bag Wrote:Crewnutz. I'll have a good look into your dilema, but one thing you will learn VERY quickly is that racing in the UK is covered by the ACU. Consessions for riders?????? A definitive answer to a question?????? You're pushing it a bit there mate Rolleyes
You will get to race and believe me you WILL love it!!! As far as I understand the rules your 6 race meetings should count and qualify you for the Mountain course licence, but I will try to confirm this.
Cheers
Russ

Haha No commentsmilie

Don,t panick Crewnuts, you will get there mate! And Good choice to do the Manx first, less pressure and more relaxed to learn the track safely
I can fix anything!
02-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Find Reply