Heritage Part Deux
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Heritage Part Deux
Hi All,

I was just wondering how many of you out there would be willing to spend a bit of time helping to organise a History day. I think that we could do something in Laxey, combining the picture exhibit. I am not saying we can do this but am willing to try.

What I need is a list of people who can contribute anything to the historical side of the races. I am going to try to get a full exhibit out there of past winners leathers, bikes, clothing that the old folkes used to wear .... Wink. Maybe even get the pubs and shops around Laxey to join in and exhibit bits and pieces, get a sort of walk following a map from one shop or pub to another bring the person through the history of the TT as they move through Laxey to the final destination of the photo exhibit and the prom where there could be a full on bike show of old machinery.

So can anyone help? Just need an idea, maybe a little late to get something sorted for 2009 but I think 2010 could be a good target.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-11-2008, 06:26 PM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
RE: Heritage Part Deux
We are already making plans for our photo exhibition in the Woollen Mills Gallery for TT and Manx and would welcome any additional material. Any observations and criticisms welcomed - more sidecar pics were requested - more sidecar pics being sorted.
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
19-11-2008, 01:40 AM
Website Find Reply