Isle of Man TT races to feature in prestigious ‘Cult Locations’ book
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Isle of Man TT races to feature in prestigious ‘Cult Locations’ book
Local photographer Dave Collister provides shots for ‘coffee table’ publication.

[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

The Isle of Man TT races has been chosen by Belgian publishers Tectum Publishing to feature in their prestigious ‘coffee table’ book ‘Cult Locations’.

The book will feature over 150 destinations worldwide including the ‘Hollywood’ sign, The Moulin Rouge, Alcatraz, Red Square, Buckingham Palace, the Sistine Chapel, the Taj Mahal and the Grand Prix de Monaco,

The book is described by the publishers as a high-end coffee table book format, 26 x 26 cm, with 400 pages. It will be published in a trilingual edition (English, French and Dutch) with further regional editions in other languages likely to follow for worldwide distribution.

‘Cult Locations’ will feature high quality images with photo captions and text from the most renowned locations in the world in the following categories: Media/Art/Music, Architecture & Monuments, History, Sports, Nature, Religion & Mystic, Events and Special Interests.

The book will feature the TT pictures of local photographer Dave Collister as well as pictures from the TT archive run by Isle of Man based Bill Snelling of Fottofinders.

This will be the second edition in the series after the well received ‘Cult Masterpieces’ that featured design classics including the Coca Cola bottle and Italian car maker Fiat.

Hon Martyn Quayle MHK, Minister for Tourism and Leisure, Isle of Man Government commented:

“We are delighted that the publishers of this premium book have chosen to feature the Isle of Man and the TT races. It is a tribute to the event’s iconic status and enduring appeal.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Website Find Reply