Steam Racket killing TT
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: Steam Racket killing TT
Here is a direct comparison for you. A small passenger ferry company goes from Liverpool to Belfast, 2 Adults + 2 Children going on 8th Jan 2009 and returning on 14th January, the cost = £ 170 return/ The journey from Douglas to Liverpool outward and returning the same days, by exactly the same people on the same type of craft Total cost £316. How can they justify this? The other company has to pass by the Island and does extra miles to get there and back over the same piece of sea in the same type of vessel and charge nearly half the cost. So don't feel bad about this once or twice a year we have it all year around as these off peak figures go to prove. It sucks big time. PLus you can not be sure you will actually get there as the ship may have problems as we all experienced last year. Something has to be done and I believe that this should be part of the Motorsport developements teams responcability to bring it to the attention of all of those involved, or there will not be any Motorsport to develope.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
08-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

The only Belfast-Liverpool ferry I'm aware of is Norfolkline.
It's actually Birkenhead it sails to.

And if you travel on it all meals are included in the ticket price as is a cabin on the overnight service.
I've been on it quite a few times and it a great crossing. Plus from personal experience the staff especially on shore at Liverpool are most helpful
08-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
You guys don't want to know how much it costs to take a van and caravan over at peak race travel dates. I had to put new batteries in my calculator....
22-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Website Find Reply
Kev Brown Offline

Threads: 11
I have just looked at the Steam Packet website and you are now able to put in your dates and get the ticket price,I have just looked mine up and to be honest if you can avoid the peak times you can go for half price off peak.
MGP 2009 here I come,that is if my RBS shares get on the upPigfly
22-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Find Reply