TTXGP eligibility
Jeff Kirby Offline

Threads: 6
TTXGP eligibility
It was decided at the MMCC committee meeting last night that any rider wanting to ride in the TTXGP in 2009, can do so without affecting their eligibility to ride in the Manx Grand Prix.

Regards Jeff Kirby
02-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Find Reply
Steve Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
RE: TTXGP eligibility
The way I have taken what I have read and heard is that there will be no change to the qualification rules. Insurance will probably dictate this.
This means that unless somebody is entered in the TT proper then you cannot qualify to race. You have to do minimum of 5 laps (6 for a newcomer) and two laps in each class. With only two laps practise available I cannot see how anybody other than current TT riders can do this event. If you fail to complete both laps you cannot start.
To many unthought through things with this event for it to be sucessful.
As you know I love strange 'motorbicycles' but I have reservations on this one.
Unless I'm wrong about this of course! Quite possible.
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I'm with you all the way Mr Linsdell. The ACU, and Tourist Board should respect a man of your experience, (especially regarding odd bikes!).
Maybe there should be a Tourist Board Forum, and all you veterans could meet up, and discourse wise counsel, you know, just like we used to do........ without any thanks!
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
Find Reply
Jeff Kirby Offline

The question was asked of the organisers at the presentation at the Hilton. I don't know if anyone is hoping to be involved, I am only passing on the information that it will not affect eligibility for the Grand Prix.

Regards Jeff Kirby
03-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
Jeff Kirby Offline

It has now been clarified to me and Steve is correct, only competitors who have the necessary qualifying laps for the TT proper, will compete in the TTXGP. My apologies if my earlier post has caused any confusion.

Regards Jeff Kirby
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2008, 05:00 PM by Jeff Kirby.)
05-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
So then what we are really saying is even though it won't affect your MGP status you won't have the time to qualify anyway as you will need to get 6 laps done as all MGP people will be new comers. How many practice sessions do you get for this class? As this may be the real point as you will have to qualify the machine and the rider anyway. It doesn't just go on the rider. Could be a good opportunity if enough practice sessions are open to the class.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
20-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
DCLUCIE Wrote:So then what we are really saying is even though it won't affect your MGP status you won't have the time to qualify anyway as you will need to get 6 laps done as all MGP people will be new comers. How many practice sessions do you get for this class? As this may be the real point as you will have to qualify the machine and the rider anyway. It doesn't just go on the rider. Could be a good opportunity if enough practice sessions are open to the class.

There will be just two practice laps, after racing on the monday & wednesday. Hardly enough time to get aquainted with a totally new style of machine (& presumably riding aswell...). It just hasn't been thought through has it? Bonk
20-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Website Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
If there are only two practice laps then according to the regulations you will not qualify any machine or rider. There has to be something else in the suplimentry regs to take this into account. As for there being only two laps practice, it is definately not enough. I would of thought from the point of view of safety for all those competitors and also Marshals, who have to be out there when these things go past, there would need to be a few laps more to sort out any problems that may occur, as we all know you can not cover every event and that is even more prominant for a new class.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
22-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Find Reply