Zero carbon TTXGP racer
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Zero carbon TTXGP racer
As reported in MCN

Grantham-based Evo Design Solutions is the first company to commit to the TTXGP zero carbon fuel Grand Prix.

[Image: ttxgp-evo.gif]

The race is to be held on the same day as the premier Senior TT event on June 12 and will run on the 37.73 mile Isle of Man TT course.

Evo Design say their EV-0 RR will not only be utilising zero carbon fuel for propulsion but will also use renewable and sustainable materials for the construction of the chassis and bodywork manufactured using high technology processes.

Isle of Man TT young gun and ManxGP winner Olie Linsdell will ride the EV-0 RR while British Superstock racer Chris Northover will be assisting with vehicle and powertrain development.

Linsdell added: “By the end of my riding career this is going to be the way to go, so it seemed sensible for me to get involved and help make it work.” Further rider announcements are expected shortly.

Evo Design Director, Rick Simpson, said: “We are very excited about the opportunity to design a motorcycle for such a prestigious event and that may very well be the forerunner to the way motorsport will be shaped in the future.”

Evo currently only have a computer graphic of the machine which is expected to be unveiled early in February; by which time CFD & wind-tunnel testing, design and early development will be complete.

Evo Design Solutions is a privately-owned company founded in 2003 with an objective to provide high quality design, modelling and education services using a range of mechanical design tools.

The idea behind the TTXGP is to provide an international platform for clean-emission bikes and the technology behind them to be tested in an exciting and challenging way.

It aims to drive low-carbon technological innovation forward, proving that clean-emission transport technologies have matured and can be fun, fast and exciting.

TTXGP is a competitive innovation - pushing the frontiers and taking the next leap.

The race will allow different technologies, systems and methods to battle for supremacy and TTXGP’s James Mitchell said: “In a market of free ideas, we offer innovators the chance to come to TTXGP and get their vision of the future valued.

For everyone else it’s a time to witness the changing of an age and be at the start of a transformation, as we step into the future.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
11-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
RE: Zero carbon TTXGP racer
I am getting slowly more excited about this whole business

I dont now how many people watched Top Gear this week?
(Yes, I know, too many wheels!)

It had a piece about an American car based on a Lotus sports car which
was a promising use of battery power, if still in need of development

Then later in the show, a new Honda was revealed that uses hydrogen
as fuel

VERY interesting

So, Honda?

Anything up the sleeve for TTXGP?

I will be amazed if they havent!
MV
18-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Website Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Zero carbon TTXGP racer
MV Wrote:I am getting slowly more excited about this whole business

I dont now how many people watched Top Gear this week?
(Yes, I know, too many wheels!)

It had a piece about an American car based on a Lotus sports car which
was a promising use of battery power, if still in need of development

Then later in the show, a new Honda was revealed that uses hydrogen
as fuel

VERY interesting

So, Honda?

Anything up the sleeve for TTXGP?

I will be amazed if they havent!

I must admit I am slowly getting interested in the TTXGP.
I just hope hope they manage to get some sort of noise out of them.
19-12-2008, 12:00 AM
Find Reply