09-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Website Find Reply
samthesidecar Offline

Threads: 0
RE: TTXGP
MV Wrote:Well I have just witnessed the first TTXGP practice and it went well
102 on Sulby straight and and average of 80+ is a great start

and what a reception from spectators!

I think I'll have to eat my hat, after all I said a couple of months ago.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2009, 05:02 PM by samthesidecar.)
09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Well said that man!

I think at least one fancied runner didnt make the start today, suprisingly
I wouildnt be at all suprised at 90+ average in the race
MV
09-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Website Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
Well the event seems to have run pretty succcessfully with a very impressive performance from some of the shopping bikes Wink It's only a shame it didn't get a bit more TV coverage.

Well done to all concerned!
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2009, 10:09 AM by Tomcat.)
13-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
As a TT Purist, I must say I was rather apprehensive about these new fangled forms of transport coming anywhere near the Annual two wheeled two week festival.

However after meeting the organisers, designers and technicians I was more than impressed by their dedication and capability to produce a nil-emission vehicle.

I was invited to their "conference" and was able to see what they are trying to accomplish. All I can say is that "I was there" at the birth of what could become big.

To think that 100+ was recorded on Sulby Straight by one of the machines and more finished than I expected, I feel that many of us jumped the gun in writing this experiment off.

I am convinced that this experiment is up there with the original TT concept. I wonder what those riders of long ago would think if they saw these electric bikes following in their footsteps. Many of us laughed at Honda in 1959.....just look at 'em now !!

I have just arrived home after driving through the night from Heysham to Reading.

I need sleep but still feel a buzz from this years TT.

A good show with a few glitches on which I must comment later.
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2009, 11:33 AM by ian huntly.)
13-06-2009, 11:32 AM
Website Find Reply
PeterCourtney Offline

Threads: 15
I am interested to note that no-one seems bothered about the "result" of this gimmick, proving that as a race it was as important as the fastest lap of Onchan Stadium by a Purple Helmet!
MGP '68 & '69; TT 1970-74
13-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Find Reply
Tomcat Offline

Threads: 10
PeterCourtney Wrote:I am interested to note that no-one seems bothered about the "result" of this gimmick, proving that as a race it was as important as the fastest lap of Onchan Stadium by a Purple Helmet!

Would you have taken more notice if the winning machine had been ridden by McGuinness then? Don't you think that completing a lap at pretty respectable speed proves something? (something like the increasing viability of electric bikes in terms of range, performance and useability, something that would never have been countenanced by those who never looked beyond heavy, slow shopping scooters).

If you compared the original horseless carriages to the well-developed stagecoaches and thoroughbreds in stables throughout the land you could have come up with some pretty similar criticisms, you must remember that Peter ? Wink
13-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

My Goodness, that is a very good appraisal Tomcat.

As I said it was an experiment and in my humble opinion, the experiment worked.

The people in the grandstand, Oh, how they cheered, no mocking, no derisory comments, it was good to witness a sort of Wright Brothers start to something which could be Space Shuttle one day.

We hadn't heard of young Barber (well everyone is young compared to me) but had we heard of Plater not so long ago ?
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
13-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Website Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
I was at the Festival of Speed (again) last weekend and was very impressed by the TTxGP stand / presentation, and by its prime location just inside the main entrance to the very popular "Ultimate" pavilion. The pavilion promotes all that is innovative and eco-friendly in road vehicles so we were delighted to find that, remarkably in such a short time from its launch, TTxGP was already the groundbreaking leader.

Rob Barber and Chris Heath did a superb job in presenting their podium bikes, TTxGP, and the Isle of Man. I am sure that most of the quarter of a million people that attended the Festival saw the bikes, either on the stand or demonstrating on the hill. Tens of millions will see them in future tv coverage and dvds.

However, we were all extremely disappointed and, indeed, angry to find that the Isle of Man Department of Tourism did not have one representative there to follow up on the massive interest in visiting the Island that the TTxGP Team was generating. They knew about it but chose not to go, presumably because someone would have to work over a bank holiday weekend.

Whilst I have always supported the Dept of Tourism's initiative in pioneering TTxGP on the Island, I am appalled that they missed such a massive publicity opportunity at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
07-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
There was no MHK at the airport either to welcome back the Isle of Man team that went to the Island Games. Even though they came back with the largest medal hawl and came second in the medal tables. It is not very good for the poor team to come back with only their families there clapping and cheering, at least you would have thought someone would have bothered to turn up and show support.

Guess they just don't care John.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
08-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
(08-07-2009, 08:38 PM)DCLUCIE Wrote: There was no MHK at the airport either to welcome back the Isle of Man team that went to the Island Games. Even though they came back with the largest medal hawl and came second in the medal tables. It is not very good for the poor team to come back with only their families there clapping and cheering, at least you would have thought someone would have bothered to turn up and show support.

But if an election was looming...........................
08-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
(08-07-2009, 10:29 PM)John Foster Wrote:
(08-07-2009, 08:38 PM)DCLUCIE Wrote: There was no MHK at the airport either to welcome back the Isle of Man team that went to the Island Games. Even though they came back with the largest medal hawl and came second in the medal tables. It is not very good for the poor team to come back with only their families there clapping and cheering, at least you would have thought someone would have bothered to turn up and show support.

But if an election was looming...........................

It's your "Government", boys.

Do something.

Burn the House of Keys?

Make an impression, anyway !!!

Mad1
08-07-2009, 10:39 PM
Find Reply
TTXGP Offline
Just Getting Started

TTXGP 2009 Review
You can now see a promo of the TTXGP 2009 at www.egrandprix.tv

Featuring the brilliant single "Coming up for Air" from Davy Knowles & Back Door Slam.

Hope you enjoy the show.

Team TTXGP
16-07-2009, 12:51 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Italian Manufacturer, CRP Racing, Moves into Electric Superbikes with TTXGP

Zero carbon, clean emission motorsports today (26 November 2009) received a further endorsement that this really is the next generation of motorsports. Ground breaking Italian manufacturer, CRP Racing, announced that it will be building electric super sports motorcycles exclusively for TTXGP. The ‘Italian’ style bike, the eCRP1.0, is expected to launch at the Motorsports Industry Association (MIA) event Cleaner Racing Conference on 13 January 2010 at NEC in Birmingham. For the first time, an Italian company will bring to this ‘new’ world of electric motorcycles, its knowledge and experience which can only benefit all concerned. The eCRP 1.0 bike will be the first Italian electronic vehicle that will enter the TTXGP 2010 series which includes PRO1, PRO2 Isle of Man and circuit races across the globe.

A new generation of motorsports requires innovative thinking to take plans off the drawing board and on to the race track. CRP Racing has a history of ‘reinventing the wheel’ to ensure it maintains its place as a dynamic state-of-the-art racing reality that continuously improves its R&D department together with CRP Technology, a world leader in automotive, defence and aerospace development.

CRP Racing, will pioneer the organisation’s entry into the next generation motorcycles with TTXGP - a recognition that this particular form of motorsport represents a step change in organizational development and technical skills base. The earlier the entry, the longer CRP has to learn and develop the skills and technology required to master TTXGP.

Eng. Livia Cevolini, CRP Racing, said, "Joining the project of TTXGP means for us stretching the boundary of innovation in a race for the future! I find this project an extraordinary idea. These motorcycles are real examples of a ‘laptop on two wheels’ and I think that they will capture a new audience. In particular, they have the ability to engage with all young people who understand the latest electronic technologies and started surfing the net before going to primary school. The eCRP 1.0 will be ready for the launch on 13 January during the NEC. However, we will present the project for the first time in America at PRI in December to demonstrate just what an Italian manufacturer can bring to that particular market. I support and share the idea of TTXGP Founder, Azhar Hussain, who deserves to be given the credit for creating a new era of motorsport. Moreover, I think that these bikes are also a skilful demonstration of how motorsport can adjust to the environment without giving up its identity."

TTXGP is the world’s first zero carbon, clean emission motorcycle series. It held its first race on the infamous Isle of Man TT circuit in June 2009 and has recently announced its North America championship launch at Infineon on 15 May and UK Championship 2010 launch at Cadwell Park 3 – 4 July.

Azhar Hussain, TTXGP, said, “We are incredibly privileged to be involved with CRP and to benefit from their motorsport expertise. Between us we are not only developing a new generation of motorsports but also a new generation of engineers; competition improves the breed – whether in the research lab or on the track. TTXGP is a catalyst for delivering lasting change; we are that moment in time when history is made. We invite all those who want to change the world to engage with TTXGP and stake a claim for the ‘tomorrows’.”

TTXGP has long been supported by the Motorsport Industry Association (MIA). Chris Aylett, Chief Executive, said, “Victory in motorsport changes public minds. Audiences buy winning products and TTXGP has demonstrated zero emission is a winning formula. Young people will get this message very easily – they want the coolest, latest, high-tech vehicle and with Italian flare and design, the CRP partnership will deliver a world beater. TTXGP has accelerated partnerships between British and international companies within one year of its foundation. A high speed result worthy of motorsport”.

Notes:

TTXGP, the world’s first zero carbon, clean emission motorcycle event, was held on the Isle of Man TT course on June 12, 2009 as part of the traditional TT race programme. 16 motorbikes from six different countries, including the USA, India, Germany, Austria, UK and the Isle of Man took part in the race. Full high definition DVD available from http://www.egrandprix.com

CRP TECHNOLOGY is an integrated engineering solution. Thanks to deep knowledge in different markets and target sectors CRP has become an industrial adviser focusing on finding the right solutions for customers dealing with complex projects. CRP is therefore the Problem-Solving Industrial Adviser for Complex Projects no matters what the sector is: aerospace, defence, motorsport, automotive, special projects. A key element that allows for this to work well is that CRP also has the ability to actually "DO" almost all of the components in this stream.
Engineering and Reverse Engineering, Plastic and Metal Direct Digital Manufacturing (DDM), Windformâ, CNC machining, Rapid Casting, Quality inspection and Certification: it is through these the finished customer solution is created. There are many companies that can do these items but very few can match the time frame of CRP. CRP sells time and does so with the best quality can be made.

Also CRP has the race heritage: 25 seasons in F1, 8 seasons in MotoGP, 8 seasons in WRC, 4 seasons in Rally Raid (Paris-Dakar), 4 seasons in ALMS and Le Mans 24h. http://www.crp.eu

CRP RACING is the Italian leading company to develop 2stroke bikes. Founded in 2006, thanks to the collaboration of the parent company CRP Technology that boasts long experience in racing, CRP Racing has succeeded not only in the Road Racing Italian Championship and Honda Trophy (2007 and 2009 Champion) but also joined the World Championship MotoGP 125cc as a wild card in 2007, 2008 and 2009. http://www.crp-racing.com

The Motorsport Industry Association Membership displays a wide demographic spread, including; Motorsport and Performance Engineering companies, race and rally teams, governing bodies, motorsport services, research organisations, race circuits and universities and colleges. The MIA Membership displays a wide demographic spread, including; Motorsport and Performance Engineering companies, race and rally teams, governing bodies, motorsport services, research organisations, race circuits and universities and colleges. http://www.the-mia.com
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Website Find Reply
e.v.mocean Offline
Just Getting Started

To whom this may concern
I have just been informed that the TTXGP will no longer be represented by Mavizen,for what reason is unclear.Our up and coming company,E.V.Mocean,
has been supported by Mavizen and Agni motors for some time now and we have therefore seen their hardwork,time,dedication and financial commitment to
drive this industry forward to create public awareness and make alternative machines that are non dependant on fossil feuls,to which you have condemed.
We are discusted and dissapointed to find out that we will no longer have maximum televised press coverage which as a result makes this particular
event pointless.
Mavizen have now been forced to quit their involvement in this prestigeous event and E.V.Mocean,also working towardsracing in the isle of man TT,will
no longer be taking part in protest of your actions.
On a personal note i strongly believe that the decisions you have made is due to a massive influance from the motor industries ie,kawasaki,suzuki,honda
and yamaha to dumb down the new innovations of the future.
Sadly this has been the case for many years where the development and improvement of greener transportation has been shunted out and overpowered for the
name sake of fossil fuels.If this is the case STOP being fossils yourselfs and join the 21st century.
Sadly with no kind regards.
Darren Read (Project Manager)for E.V.Mocean
(05-01-2009, 03:43 PM)Alison Wrote: I'm here to answer any questions regarding TTXGP
Please get in touch & if I don't reply immediately its only because I have other commitments.
To whom this may concern
I have just been informed that the TTXGP will no longer be represented by Mavizen,for what reason is unclear.Our up and coming company,E.V.Mocean,
has been supported by Mavizen and Agni motors for some time now and we have therefore seen their hardwork,time,dedication and financial commitment to
drive this industry forward to create public awareness and make alternative machines that are non dependant on fossil feuls,to which you have condemed.
We are discusted and dissapointed to find out that we will no longer have maximum televised press coverage which as a result makes this particular
event pointless.
Mavizen have now been forced to quit their involvement in this prestigeous event and E.V.Mocean,also working towardsracing in the isle of man TT,will
no longer be taking part in protest of your actions.
On a personal note i strongly believe that the decisions you have made is due to a massive influance from the motor industries ie,kawasaki,suzuki,honda
and yamaha to dumb down the new innovations of the future.
Sadly this has been the case for many years where the development and improvement of greener transportation has been shunted out and overpowered for the
name sake of fossil fuels.If this is the case STOP being fossils yourselfs and join the 21st century.
Sadly with no kind regards.
Darren Read (Project Manager)for E.V.Mocean
NOW spread word
(This post was last modified: 05-02-2010, 08:58 PM by e.v.mocean.)
05-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

This appears to be BAD news indeed.

The TTXGP in my opinion, certainly adds to the TT, and at the moment does not interfere with the current emission engined classes. Come what may, we will have to accept that these TTXGP experiments are here to stay as development continues.

I look forward to seeing the TTXGP again this year, I hope we get a good entry and a good lap.

Please reconsider Darren.......
Crazydance

Bookingfor 2016 !!
06-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

TTXGP WILL give teams that take part in its 2010 eGrandPrix series a partnership stake
in the race organisation as a major incentive for competitors.

[Image: ttxgplogo.gif]

The innovative move re-writes the traditional relationship between race owner and competitors as the riders on the grid will effectively own the organisation as part of a trust.

The newly created TEO (Trust.eGrandPrix.Org) allows teams to benefit from the profits of TTXGP. A key benefit of this will be to create a stable income stream for teams to build long term plans for people, technologies and organisation in future racing years - instead of being completely dependent on sponsorship.

You cannot buy any part of TEO, but rather, you must race to accrue the ownership – effectively a proxy share (you don’t actually own the asset - but do own specified benefits as if you did own the asset). The more riders you have on the grid the more ownership you will gain. As teams stop racing, they automatically leave the earnings pool whilst new teams enter. TEO has its own board elected by the members, which are the teams. Everything is transparent and accountable.

There are four rounds to the TTXGP UK in 2010, taking place as part of larger ACU-backed club meetings. In October the top eight finishers will go to Albacete in Spain for a Grand Final against the top eight competitors from sister series’ from the USA and Italy. Across the three countries there are currently 55-entries.

Azhar Hussain, CEO of TTXGP said:

“We hope the new approach to share the benefits and ownership of the race series with the competitors will ignite further interest in the series. We are working for this to be a multi-million pound business over time and return significant income to teams involved. The rules are complex to ensure parity and fairness so anyone interested should contact us for more details and a discussion.

“This is a new innovation and we are excited about it – just as we are excited by the potential of electric bike racing; this is the future and now is the time to get involved at the outset. Join TTXGP 2010 and build a sustainable, profitable and lasting future in the next generation of motorsport. If you love motorsports, you will not want to miss it.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Raceway, TTXGP Make History With First Zero Carbon Motorcycle Race in U.S.

Infineon Raceway will host the first-ever zero-carbon motorcycle race in the United States at the West Coast Moto Jam, May 14-16.

The Time Trial Xtreme Grand Prix (TTXGP) U.S. Championships will take to the track for practice on Friday, May 14, with qualifying set for Saturday, May 15, and the 11-lap feature race set for 11 a.m. on Sunday, May 16.

TTXGP raced last year at the Isle of Man in Europe, but this will mark its first race on American soil. More than 10 race teams are expected to converge on the Sonoma Valley, including local entrants from San Francisco, Oakland, Sebastopol, San Mateo, Woodside, Palo Alto and Santa Rosa.

What is TTXGP?

TTXGP is a race series for zero-carbon, clean-emission electric race bikes. These bikes look very similar to road-racing bikes, but instead of an internal combustion engine they are powered by batteries and electric motors.

Being green does not mean going slow

TTXGP is a race series designed to stretch the cutting-edge designs of electric-powered vehicles, married with the excitement and speed of open competition, with an ultimate aim to provide alternative environmentally friendly transport. Technology already exists to propel electric bikes to speeds over 170 miles per hour.

All TTXGP entrants have built unique prototype machines. The excitement that has been building around alternative forms of transport and clean energy consumption has been harnessed and pushed to the edge to produce a major, international sporting series.

The TTXGP regulations have been designed to put cutting-edge innovations on to the racetrack. Each team has redefined power trains, ergonomics and energy storage systems. TTXGP provides an opportunity to see these exciting machines close up and as well as stretched to their limits.

Why zero carbon?

The simple fact is we all benefit if we can find alternative ways in which to travel and reduce our reliance on oil. Competition is a highly effective test bed for new automotive technologies and stimulates the market.

TTXGP at Infineon Raceway

Infineon Raceway is the ideal location to hold the first ever TTXGP race on U.S. soil. Not only is Infineon Raceway an historic and exciting track with great fans, it is also in the heart of the spiritual home of a new electric vehicle industry. A number of the TTXGP teams are located in Northern California, where they can draw on the technology and brain power that the region is world famous for. Infineon Raceway is also one of the most progressive racetracks in the world when it comes to reducing its impact on the environment – the ideal place to make history with the first ever zero carbon clean emission motorcycle race in the country.

###

West Coast Moto Jam

WHAT: Big O Tires Racing Season Presents: West Coast Moto Jam

WHEN: May 14-16

ABOUT THE WEEKEND: In addition to AMA Pro Racing, there will be Supermoto USA, Motocross and Flat Track.

NOTABLE: Infineon Raceway will also host the first zero-carbon motorcycle race in the United States with the TTXGP U.S. Championships. The event will take place on the road course.

TICKETS: $15-$35 single day/$60 weekend; 12-and-under FREE and parking FREE. Military discounts available.

INFORMATION: 800-870-RACE, infineonraceway.com, ticketmaster.com
05-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Website Find Reply