Malcolm Carling
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
Malcolm Carling
Does anyone know the whereabouts of Malcom who used to the main photographer for MCN and his dad used to sell photos etc at road race meetings and scrambles?
Roll on Kells 2010
02-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Find Reply
wakefieldmcmillan@yahoo.com Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
RE: Malcolm Carling
(02-02-2009, 12:51 PM)pykey Wrote: Does anyone know the whereabouts of Malcom who used to the main photographer for MCN and his dad used to sell photos etc at road race meetings and scrambles?

Hello I am so very sorry it has took this long to reply I saw your post as I was looking for my uncle in google yesterday google malcolm carling as that's him!
He sadly passed away last week he was a great man and yes my grandad Norman used to sell photos yes and my grandma sadly they both passed away some years ago 
They all lived in manchester 
 your post prompted me to join this forum so i could reply to you 

best wishes marissa (his niece)
ps I also used to go with him on many scrambles and to run to the train station with his photos to catch the MCN deadlines!

I have found a book on ebay with his photos too
(This post was last modified: 15-07-2018, 04:22 PM by wakefieldmcmillan@yahoo.com.)
15-07-2018, 04:20 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Very sorry to hear of the passing of this great photographer. I remember Malcolm very well. Quiet and reserved, he may have been, but he was the consummate professional, and a regular every weekend at either a National race meeting, moto cross, or trial event.
I can't imagine there are many of his ilk remaining.
R.I.P.
15-07-2018, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
wakefieldmcmillan@yahoo.com Offline
Just Getting Started

Thank you for your kind  message you have described him perfectly 
He was very modest and quiet - a true professional but did have a wicked sense of humour !
I will pass on your kind words on at his funeral tomorrow thank you once again
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2018, 10:55 AM by Malcolm.)
17-07-2018, 08:39 AM
Find Reply
Moderator2 Offline

I also remember your Grandad, he was a lovely chap, and a regular at the 3 sisters in the 1980's where he often spent time chatting with my late father while I was busy competing.
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2018, 09:35 AM by Moderator2.)
17-07-2018, 09:32 AM
Find Reply
sticky Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 39
(15-07-2018, 05:07 PM)Splashdown Wrote: Very sorry to hear of the passing of this great photographer. I remember Malcolm very well. Quiet and reserved, he may have been, but he was the consummate professional, and a regular every weekend at either a National race meeting, moto cross, or trial event.
I can't imagine there are many of his ilk remaining.
R.I.P.

I believe Don Morley is still around but he must be in his 80s by now so I doubt he's still working.  I never met Malcolm as I didn't doing the press thing until 1996 but you're right - not many like him now.

Sadly a lot of photographers are packing it in as unfortunately the sport seems to be an increasingly difficult, and in some instances hostile, environment in which to work.  Very difficult now to find a platform to advertise your work and don't start me on facebook!
17-07-2018, 06:18 PM
Website Find Reply