Gerry o Kane
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
Gerry o Kane
Irish motorcyle racing has lost another of its great friends, GERRY O KANE, , who sadly passed away yesterday.
Wee Gerry was without doubt a character amongst the road race fratenity. Gerry raced at all the roads, and when poss, he also rode at short circuits, he was also a frequent visitorto the Southern 100 in the IOM,sadly just before Killalane last year, Gerry wasnt feeling the best, and had to miss Killalane, you could say he raced to the end!.
I will miss the wisecracks with him, as will many others.
To his Family and friends, i offer my deepest Sympathies.
The funeral will take place to morrow, (tue) from his home, 109 Ballyronan Rd, Magherafelt, his remains will leave @1.15 for 2.00pm Mass at St Patricks Church, Loup.
Baylon
16-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Website Find Reply
Barry Wood Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Gerry o Kane
I knew nothing about this Baylon, and it is sad news indeed. Both Gerry and his son Gerry junior are good friends of mine. I have had many a chat in Irish road race paddocks and at Billown, plus they made time to come and see me at home when I was unable to get out.

Another good character has left us, gone but never forgotten. My thoughts are with Gerry jnr and the rest of the family. I will contact them privately. Thanks for posting Baylon.
In this country, it is customary to offer generous gratuities to taxi drivers
22-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Find Reply