Electric bikes
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Electric bikes
I know this is a bit of a strange question, but what road liscence do you need to ride one of these on an open road. They have no cc to measure. Umm wonder what the boys in blue would say?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2009, 02:10 PM by DCLUCIE.)
17-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Find Reply
Arthur Lawn Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Electric bikes
DCLUCIE Wrote:I know this is a bit of a strange question, but what road liscence do you need to ride one of these on an open road. They have no cc to measure. Umm wonder what the boys in blue would say?

My understanding is they measure the motor size in Watts.Above a certain wattage size a license is required.If you remember the
Sinclair C5,which had a hoover washing machine fitted was below the 250watt limit so could be used without registration or license.
17-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

17-02-2009, 04:42 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

Bums .. and here was me thinking I could get out there again without having to renew my old licence.... oh well have to get the dust of my old CBX ... (kidding)
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-02-2009, 12:59 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

[Image: 23292_thumb.jpg]

By the time the docs are finished with you you'll not be allowed near any kind of high voltage bike in case all the metal bits damage it.

Yahoo
18-02-2009, 01:32 PM
DCLUCIE Offline

I know Cargo, just may need a battery solution to my problem, not telling you where they will store the batteries though. must be a worry, a bit like putting a screw driver over the terminals too see if it has any charge...... not a good result for some ...... roll on end of April, should be a new man, or at least part of me will be lol.

PS I think the cost is £12.50, Manx budget will not stretch to 6 million
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2009, 05:47 PM by DCLUCIE.)
18-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Find Reply