What is going on over there?
Don Simons Away

Threads: 28
What is going on over there?
It is very hard to stand by and watch what is happening in the name of the TT. 100 years of tradition and the proving ground of some of the greatest motorcycle riders and machines of all time is being sold for a hat full of beans.
Please prove me wrong because I am very much in favour of new technology and environment friendly initiatives, but what is going on with this year’s electric TT appears to be a travesty of the worst order.
From a distance it seems that a cloud of hype and spin has descended upon the Island and its government concerning this event which has turned the heads of those vested with the responsibility of organising the greatest road racing event in the world.
How can it be possible that 100,000 pounds of government money be so easily be made available to private entrepreneurs? How can practice sessions be changed and extended at will when the opposite has been the case with petrol-engined machines? How can it be possible that riders who have not qualified for a TT Course license be allowed to start in this event?
Cannot anyone see that this has the makings of a massive con-job or non-event that will both upset an already sensitive island population and every other road racer who has gone to considerable expense to fulfill the patently ridiculous requirements of the TT Course License?
From here it just looks like a very sad commercial stunt which breaks all the rules and is very damaging to the real TT.
Just my opinion.
Rest in Peace Don Simons 1942 - 2012
11-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
RE: What is going on over there?
Totally agree there Don. Its a sham. Will transfer what I have posted on the TTXGP thread here for you to see.

'I think they will also have problems with Marshals, Scrutineers and all other officials. I really think that the organisers are really taking the p**s out of the Manx people and the goodness of all the dedicated men and women who take time off to support the TT year in and year out. They will loose the goodwill of the very people who deserve support. I really do believe that this is the one thing that will stop the TT from running, and this one stupid decision may just be the final nail in the coffin of the TT. I have for many years believed that the TT would get through all of the problems it has had in the past, but now believe that that the death of the TT will be the organisers own making, and until they realise that they can not keep piling preasure on the devotion of the supporters of the event, they will make the TT something of the past and not of the future.

This TTXGP, when titled of something of the future, it may just be the hammer that hits the final nail in the death of the future itself. Rushing through the TTXGP as an additional event whilst not thinking through all of the implications has made the organisers look more like a second rate muppet show rather than the professional outfit it should be. SO the real question is, if it is a muppet show, who is pulling the strings? The organising committee or someone or something in the background with all the strings available to pull and someone or something that is not in the forefront, but hiding behind the real face of the organisers.'

Further more the rumours of Mick Grant riding seem to be true, but how can he get a course licence in time? and how is able to see. The last time I heard he could hardly see through the one last good eye he has left. This is turning into a circus. I am ashamed to be a supporter of the TT at the moment. I never ever thought I would say that.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
11-04-2009, 01:12 PM
Find Reply
George Offline

And the Manx have entered a bike too
[Image: 3PennyFarthing.jpg]
11-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

I would never sponsor anything I couldn't ride myself, and there is no way I can get up there nowadays. This is something my old sparing partner Colin Moore would sponsor. He could use it to paint those high ceilings Lol

Bet its made by a bloke called Vick from obviously Vick town, Vicksville, Vicksianna. lol

But that is ace George. May put that in my scrap book. Is that Ian Lougher testing it?
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2009, 01:49 PM by DCLUCIE.)
11-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Find Reply
shaun hogg Offline

Threads: 27
The possible entry of Mick Grant says everything about this farce , how on earth can this be happening just a 'pee' take the whole thing , i am also aware that the field on Nobles Park where the TTXP side of things will be based needs two monthe prep work to cater for them , i work with a guy who is involved in the cricket & it has effectively wiped out there pitch for the season , what the hell is going on , also Marshalls are to be supplied with special gloves in case they have to handle a fallen bike at £ 20 per pair , work that out ?

The whole thing is a joke , can see it now Grant collecting his TT winners laurels at the same time as his pension !
11-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Don, Dlucie, Shaun and George (I suspect among many others!) what he hell can we do??
I feel we should at least be able to express OUR concern and support for local Manx people and marshalls
This is beyond a joke now
How come we havent heard from Paul on the subject?

Is there some way we can perhaps set up a petition to express our concern and and support for the people who matter?
MV
11-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

You couldn't blame anyone in authority with an ounce of polictial nouce for staying as far away from this rent-a-hero ride-out as they can. When the recriminations come you would want to be as far away from the fan as possible. However the ACU implemented the TT Course Licence and it is up to them to police it. If they bend the rules then their credibility will be in tatters. They have refused entry to TT winners in the past, to look the other way for this event would be duplicity of the worst order.
One lap on closed roads on electric bikes and they need to practice? Come on, any TT rider could do it with one hand tied behind their back.
However I do look forward to photos of the Gorse Lea Glee Club trying to eat their sticky buns with the regulation rubber gloves on!!
12-04-2009, 04:31 AM
Find Reply
willyc Offline

Threads: 0
There is no way I would go anywhere near Gorse Lea if cargo was there wearing a pair of rubber gloves.
13-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

These are the standard issue rubber gloves and wearing them will be compulsory for all marshalls

[Image: il_430xN.26688013.jpg]

However I've had some special ones made just for me

[Image: CB001402.jpg?size=572&uid={ba80d33f-a88f...ae53cba99}]
13-04-2009, 01:09 PM
samthesidecar Offline

Threads: 0
"However the ACU implemented the TT Course Licence and it is up to them to police it. If they bend the rules then their credibility will be in tatters."

ACU, credibility, oxymoron!
13-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
samthesidecar Wrote:"However the ACU implemented the TT Course Licence and it is up to them to police it. If they bend the rules then their credibility will be in tatters."

The ACU Committee are pictured below, dealing with TT regulatory procedures.

[Image: Orange-Peel_busking.jpg]
13-04-2009, 03:06 PM
Find Reply
Chris Maybury Offline

Threads: 1
cargo Wrote:However I've had some special ones made just for me

[Image: CB001402.jpg?size=572&uid={ba80d33f-a88f...ae53cba99}]

Aha!! Sort of Hi Vis so that we can see what you are getting up to.Censored2
***A Balanced Meal is a FULL PINT in Each Hand***
13-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Find Reply
GriffMuss Offline

Threads: 32
John Foster Wrote:
samthesidecar Wrote:"However the ACU implemented the TT Course Licence and it is up to them to police it. If they bend the rules then their credibility will be in tatters."

The ACU Committee are pictured below, dealing with TT regulatory procedures.

[Image: Orange-Peel_busking.jpg]

smilie smilie smilie Yahoo
Roll on ALAND 2009, Island Games Xlll.
Yahoo, I've achieved 3 guidelines for the Island Games & I'm selected ! May see you after at the S100 & Jurby Road.
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2009, 08:34 PM by Malcolm.)
13-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Website Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Marshals are being trained on how to explain these new oxymoronic signs developed by the ACU intelligence department that are already being placed around the Mountain Course. (the signs that is not the ACUID). I am frayed I am getting frazzled here.
[Image: oxymoron-781368.jpg]
14-04-2009, 12:16 AM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

I did hear that a sponsor for the New race has apeared. It is now the Marrigold TTXGP.
14-04-2009, 01:03 PM
Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

NO NO NO

Marrigold TTxGP is an entrant..............don't you know the difference ?
14-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Don Simons Away

Cargo will be over the moon if all the marshals are issued with Marigold gloves.
[Image: marigoldkitchenglovesmedium.jpg]
14-04-2009, 01:43 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Entrant ... sponsor ... tomato ... tomatoe ... potato ... potat oh hang on .......
14-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Find Reply
John Foster Offline

Threads: 63
Cargo is seen here testing the new Marshals' TTxGP Suit (with "extra-cake" extension fitted). He is conducting field trials with a newly-bred Wallaby-Hound.
[Image: 6a00d8341cbf3653ef00e552a9c9188833-500wi]
14-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Find Reply
Don Simons Away

Now the Transport Minister, David Anderson said on Manx Radio the roads must be closed earlier "In order for them to comply to the rules to do so many laps," . Well Mr Anderson they also need a TT Course Licence issued by the ACU.
[Image: keystonecops.jpg]
The Minister of Transport is interviewed on Manx Radio as his deputies prepare to rush out and close the roads.
15-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Find Reply