No Extra Practice for TTXGP ? - (Government Reversal)
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
No Extra Practice for TTXGP ? - (Government Reversal)
It was announced on Manx Radio that the extra practice sessions for TTXGP will not now take place and that roads will close at 5pm on the mountain and 6pm elsewhere.

The 8 MGP riders entered will now be excluded from TTXGP and rider entries have re-opened until Friday the 29th of May (to TT qualified riders only), in order to try and recruit riders to replace them.

(You couldn't write this script, could you ?)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2009, 07:39 PM by Malcolm.)
17-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Website Find Reply
dellrandall Offline

Threads: 4
RE: No Extra Practice for TTXGP ? - (Government Reversal)
I`m not completely against the leccy bike, after all it will be the way to go eventually, not in my life time I hope!! But isn`t practice supposed to be for the bike as well as the rider? These bikes will be going on to the TT course for the very first time - in a race! Surely with normal bikes a rider has to practice to prove that the bike and rider are fast enough to qualify on each bike they intend to race. Not in the case of the leccy bikes it seems!
17-04-2009, 09:14 PM
Find Reply
larryd Offline

Threads: 11
Malcolm Wrote:It was announced on Manx Radio that the extra practice sessions for TTXGP will not now take place and that roads will close at 5pm on the mountain and 6pm elsewhere.

The 8 MGP riders entered will now be excluded from TTXGP and rider entries have re-opened until Friday the 29th of May (to TT qualified riders only), in order to try and recruit riders to replace them.

Did you ever in all your life encounter such a bunch of absolute, total, cretins?

And I'm including the ACU, MHKs, and the lovely Aznar - except that he's a con artist as well, who no doubt will come out of all this having trousered a significant amount of Manx taxpayers' money, as well as having played a major part in what surely must be the beginning of the end for the TT.
17-04-2009, 09:50 PM
Find Reply
samthesidecar Offline

Threads: 0
larryd Wrote:
Malcolm Wrote:It was announced on Manx Radio that the extra practice sessions for TTXGP will not now take place and that roads will close at 5pm on the mountain and 6pm elsewhere.

Did you ever in all your life encounter such a bunch of absolute, total, cretins?

And I'm including the ACU, MHKs, and the lovely Aznar - except that he's a con artist as well, who no doubt will come out of all this having trousered a significant amount of Manx taxpayers' money, as well as having played a major part in what surely must be the beginning of the end for the TT.

Strong words Larry, and every one of them true!!
18-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Threads: 50
Disagree with the end of the TT. It maybe that the end of these one off races is now here and glad to say so. As for the lack of practice whats wrong with sending them out with the New comers laps and also the two scheduled sessions they already have. Reduce the qualifying to 4 laps and that will cut out all the rubbish bikes that would never make it. Job done. Thats the whole race stopped in one easy stroke and they can not say they didn't get a good run at it.

This together of course with the fact that all the male marshalls now have no excuse for not doing the dishes with all their new gloves that have been handed out to them.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
18-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Find Reply