Spread the news!
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
Spread the news!
For too long now, Joe Public has been able to watch road racing for free!!, This year, the Cookstown MCC will be erecting 15ft barriers at each road leading to the circuit, where, the public will be asked to pay a mere £5.00 (plus £3.00 for car park), OR if they have purchased a programme, (£10.00) they will get in free, and also have car park free!,
This operation will come into force on Saturday morning at 7.00am.
It is long overdue, the fact that Irish road racing has been the greatest FREE show on earth!, well, due to the financial situation, If there isn’t enough revenue generated by the Public this year, it could well mean the DEATH KNELL for the Cookstown 100!.
As Chairman for the Cookstown Club, Jackie McComb states;
“The costs are Phenomenal, and are rising each year, it isn’t fair to be asking the riders to pay to entertain!!, so we will be charging spectators a fee this year to ensure the safeguardof the future of the Cookstown 100 road races”
Now that is something we do NOT want to hear, but the costs of staging the event is enormously high, PLUS the fact, that the riders HAVE to Pay, to Entertain YOU, the public!!
The Club are appealing to everyone to pay their way, So when you arrive at the circuit on Saturday morning, THINK of the days entertainment in store, and you will realize, it is a cheap days action, and at the same time, you are helping the Club to survive! AND help the Cookstown 100 to remain on the calendar for 2010.
18-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Website Find Reply
cargo
Unregistered

RE: Spread the news!
I'd very much be in support of charging spectators admission to ALL road races..............but unless I'm very much mistaken the only one where this can happen is the Ulster GP.

I think a change in the law is required before it can happen at national road races...............I can see problems next Saturday morning................
18-04-2009, 02:13 PM
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
RE: Spread the news!
I think I would pay £20 for Cookstown!

Thanks to Cargo, I have been privileged to witness this spectacle

Its not right that it is free

People pay upwards of £38 to watch Arsenal for 90 minutes

On this scale, the value per £ for Cookstown would be through the roof

Good luck to the organisers and all of the wonderfully hospitable folk of Norn Irn
MV
18-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Website Find Reply