Coughlan helps Seamus Greene fund
Baylon McCaughey Offline

Threads: 141
Coughlan helps Seamus Greene fund
Youghals Dave Coughlan, well known to many road race fans across the country, has recently quit the sport, over the years he has raced the length and breadth of Ireland, both on circuits and roads, he has also contested both the MGP and the IOM TT races.
[Image: dc037.jpg]
pic;www.irishracephotography.com
Like many, Dave has great memories of his career, and some not so good, motor cycling has given Dave a lot of pleasure, and with it he has made many friends.
However, now that he has retired, Dave decided that he wanted to put something back into the sport, and he has certainly came up with something different!
Not many of yous may know, that Dave is an accompolished trials rider, having competed regularly in this branch of the sport before he took to the tarmac, and as i write this, he is preparing for the Scottish Six Day Trials!

Dave is going to do a SPONSORED MOTORCYCLE CLIMB, and the proceeds of this , he is donating to The Seamus Greene Fund.
"Seamus was a good friend of mine, we met on many occassions, he was always good craic, and a genius on a bike, in the past, he has often helped me, so when i decided to quit, i always said, i want to put something back into the sport, the same sport that has given me such a buzz and i thought, if i could raise a few quid, and hopefully be of some help to Seamus, i think i will have achieved more than i did when i was racing!"

[Image: dc.jpg]
pic, coursety, Alan Armstrong,www.aarmstrongphotos.com
This Motor cycle Climb is no ordinary climb!!'
Dave is going to attempt to ; RIDE A TRIALS BIKE UP IRELANDS HIGHEST MOUNTAIN!, CARANTUOHILL in Co Kerry, sometime in July of this year, the exact date will depend on the weather, AND Well known Photographer, STEPHEN DAVISON is also getting in on the act!, He will also climb the mountain, although, not on a bike,Stephen will go along with Dave, and capture this historic achievement on Camera!
Carounthill is 1039 metres high, and you can Support Dave by sponsoring him E5 for each metre he climbs.
He is hoping to raise a minimum of 5195 euro (1039 metres @5 euro) for the ongoing treatment which will improve the quality of life for Seamus.

The sponsorship cards will only be in the hands of persons chosen by Dave, Norman Crooks of the Cookstown and District MCC has given Dave the all clear to sell these at the Cookstown 100.
If you want to support this cause, i will have cards with me at Cookstown.
Baylon
[Image: abaylon1.jpg]
18-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Website Find Reply