Two weeks to go
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
Two weeks to go
Its very quiet in here given that we are so close to the big fortnight!

Pamela and I are due to cross on Manannan on the 30th now less than 2 weeks away
We were just getting in the mood by discussing shopping in Ramsey, 2 weeks today

Are people less excited than usual?

I am starting to feel it now!

Is anyone else on here ready???
MV
17-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Website Find Reply
Jan Grainger Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Two weeks to go
MV Wrote:Its very quiet in here given that we are so close to the big fortnight!

Pamela and I are due to cross on Manannan on the 30th now less than 2 weeks away
We were just getting in the mood by discussing shopping in Ramsey, 2 weeks today

Are people less excited than usual?

I am starting to feel it now!

Is anyone else on here ready???
Ha, Mike, I am always ready, but of course, I am unable to be there. Hope you and Pamela, together with everyone on this forum lucky enough to be on the Island in June have a great time.
Jan
17-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Thanks Jan!
Will enjoy it for you

It rather looks as i we are talking to ourselves here!
MV
17-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
Hi,

I think this will be my 45th year at the TT and I am looking forward to it as much as I looked forward to my first in 1959( that I can remember) Really my first was in 1948 when my dad rode. I went with a BSA apprentices trip ariving in Douglas very early in the morning, and it was cold and wet !. This year will be the 27th year that I have been connected to Race Mission, and I look forward to being at many more TT's. I am still as enthuiastic now as I was 1n 1959, however the "sounds" now are not as good as then !!. Looking forward to seeing old friend, and of course making new ones Please come and say hello, I can be found in the parc ferme area/start line during the build up to all races.
17-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Hi Pat

Its good to hear from you Pat and good to see to your enthusiastic support for the TT is as strong as ever!
MV
17-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Website Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
We have more access to computer info now so I am getting ready to come over pre-armed by logging in to every site I can Google.

I don't think we haven't a general build up.

However, I'm disappointed that we have no commitment as to Nortons return featured anywhere and Michaels comments made it less likely that they will be ready it seems.

Otherwise, I feel this year will be as interesting and exciting as ever, I will be celebrating Hondas 50 years and of course Kawasaki who won their first TT in 1969. (Get Malandri to come with Rossi perhaps ?)

We all get a fortnight of proper motorcycling, unparalleled any where on this planet, organised and run by a team that is getting it right, now.

I bleat on sometimes but I am pleasantly surprised to have people responding positively both on this site and by personal e-mail.

I've seen a lot of TTs over these past 62 years, but I now take each TT as it comes and never seem to lose any of my love of the annual event. (Contrary to opinion, I do have many other interests !)

It's what YOU make of it yourself, ENJOY.

If you saw the MotoGP today, I think the pitstops should be compulsory in MotoGPs from now on, what a cracking race !!
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
17-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Website Find Reply
Gixxer Bob Offline

Threads: 1
Almost ready, just need to stock up on suntan lotion.
As soon as "Island Racer" appears in W.H.Smith's I know it's time to start getting excited.
Rob
19-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Find Reply
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
I'm not worried about the weather, I use this site below

http://www.ttfan2.co.uk/neon.html
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
19-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Website Find Reply
Michael Offline

Threads: 6
Now it's only one week and the feeling starts. Tickets are all here, bike is ready. So we can start to the "Gruseleck". Have a safe journey to the Isle of Man.
Michael
22-05-2009, 08:21 AM
Website Find Reply
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
Michael Wrote:Now it's only one week and the feeling starts. Tickets are all here, bike is ready. So we can start to the "Gruseleck". Have a safe journey to the Isle of Man.
Michael

Well one week to go ,after last years health problems never thought id make it ,must pay a visit to the fairies on arrival .Thanks to everyone for there good wishes,see some of u at pitlane gate.DONTFORGET YOUR OVERALLS.
PITLANE 07
22-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Find Reply
Bill Snelling Offline

Threads: 147
This MV's van, as it will feature in the Laxey photo exhibition.
Be seeing you soon!

[Image: 2009DSCF4229.jpg]
I'm on the Great Flapjack Foray of Life - can't you tell!
“You don’t stop riding because you get old. You get old because you stop riding”
23-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Michael Wrote:Now it's only one week and the feeling starts. Tickets are all here, bike is ready. So we can start to the "Gruseleck". Have a safe journey to the Isle of Man.
Michael

Hi Michael (from Michael!)
Seeing your name and that of "Gruseleck" truly signals the imminent start of the TT
I will pass and toot as usual!
Hopefully, you may see my Mazda Bongo van complete with "Mike the Bike tribute, and say hi!
Have a good TT
MV
24-05-2009, 07:39 AM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Bill Snelling Wrote:This MV's van, as it will feature in the Laxey photo exhibition.
Be seeing you soon!

[Image: 2009DSCF4229.jpg]

Thank you for that Bill and I hope the picture will interest your exhibition visitors
Hope you have a good and successful time
MV
24-05-2009, 07:40 AM
Website Find Reply