ITV coverage
Ollie B Offline

Threads: 3
RE: ITV coverage
Well, just watched the Superbike TT on ITV.............WOW!

Whatever it cost-money well spent, can't see anyone complaining that ITV do not know what they are doing, Greeba straight, Laurel Bank, Cronk y Voddy, seems like they have towers they are filming off at Birkin's, outside of Ramsey hairpin?????

Why did Greenlight not do this?

Great pits action, and on and on.......Rossi at Ago's, that hi-motion is just the dog's.......

Please guys, no more complaints, you have none to bear, well done ITV, wished you were doing it for the Centenery!!
08-06-2009, 10:33 PM
Find Reply
mudshark Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
hmm, from what i was able to see of practice week coverage, it looked to be very well done.
it's a shame they have to cut off the daily summary coverage during race week, yet they stream
the BTCC coverage and the silly police chase show and other nonsense... muppets Rolleyes
09-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Website Find Reply
MV Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 55
I love the new coverage, mostly!
My only tiny grumble is that I feel we get too much of rider closeups and rear views
But the other stuff makes up for it
MV
09-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Website Find Reply
Kimbiker Offline

Threads: 0
It's ok guys....it's nearly over, you can watch Fools & Horses, The Champions, Miss Marples etc etc next week !!!!!!!

Why the big debate ? Bonk

It's fantastic.

Import.......+1.
Cheers, Kim (geezer!)
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009, 08:25 AM by Kimbiker.)
10-06-2009, 08:22 AM
Find Reply
Stella Offline

Threads: 58
Very much enjoyed this years coverage, however ... if your a sidecar fan i reckon you will be feeling rather disapointed regarding their coverage so far.
*Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic*
10-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Find Reply
Hans Offline

Threads: 1
We have been following the ITV4 coverage and it is brilliantly done. The action shots, the on board cameras, just everything was worth it. Ok, if it was that expensive to get ITV to the island it was an investment well worth it. Such professional coverage is bound to get more people interested into coming to the TT and see it live.
10-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Find Reply
ancient Offline

Threads: 4
Hans Wrote:We have been following the ITV4 coverage and it is brilliantly done. The action shots, the on board cameras, just everything was worth it. Ok, if it was that expensive to get ITV to the island it was an investment well worth it. Such professional coverage is bound to get more people interested into coming to the TT and see it live.

so where are all these people going to stay? when they come.i think guy is always going to be second unless he changes over to yorkshire tea bags dont you.perhaps they could sponser his tea drinking.
10-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Find Reply
George Offline

Threads: 50
Just wondering, has the camera man got a bit of a fetish for BUMS, to many ass and chin shots and not enough of the action or any riders above the top 6.
10-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

Have no problem with the bums and other shots, just as long as the wife doesn't catch me looking. I think the coverage speaks for itself. It is really great and the Northone team need to be congratulated for getting the coverage out on the same day.

I do have some gripes though. (I know couldn't resist and it wouldn't be me if I didn't have something to moan about) I have to agree that there are too many head shots of the riders, one or two would be good but can we see more of the track from on board please? I think the problems with the quality of the on bike shots maybe to do with HD coverage. I think its the first time that the small HD cams have not had a real stable point to be mounted on. It could be the reason but am unsure. Also I am very very dissapointed about the sidecar coverage. A quick shot of them on the podium and a couple of mins at the start of last nights show just is not enough. Maybe they will extend the coverage either tonight or tomorrow with it being a free day. Something they have not had to get all the hopeful coverage out on air.

As for the three d shots George, they were shooting from three different places mounted on the front of the bike. They used a TM to test it to see if it would work, the TM had a full back pack on, so full in fact it burst open and some of the kit fell out onto the track. Haven't seen it since that practice night so maybe thats a no go lol.

Glad everyone seems to be glad witht he coverage. Can hardly wait to see the DVD when it comes out with all the other bits and pieces they can not show on TV. lol
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
10-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Find Reply
pykey Offline

Threads: 88
I think we should all email ITV 4 and thank them for the brilliant coveage smilie smilie smilie
Roll on Kells 2010
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2009, 01:51 PM by Malcolm.)
10-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Find Reply
Ollie B Offline

Threads: 3
George Wrote:Just wondering, has the camera man got a bit of a fetish for BUMS, to many ass and chin shots and not enough of the action or any riders above the top 6.

I have an answer for all the bum, brake,head shots.......I spoke to an ITV on board man last night at the grandstand and he said the top riders do not want forward facing shots until the last race-the Senior TT!

The top guys are concerned that other riders will see their lines on the course and McGuinness is DEFINITELY having a forward facing cam for the race on friday!

I suppose its a reasonable answer and understandable, lets see friday?

Good shows and still amazing Hi-Motion, just love it to death, would like to see a dvd of just that....
10-06-2009, 11:02 PM
Find Reply
DCLUCIE Offline

If you have a look at IOMtoday you will see them running a vote on the coverage. Currently standing at 88% of the vote for the coverage being better than before.
When people say one thing and mean another its called politics, when organisers say one thing and mean another its called a mistake, when the ACU say one thing and mean another its called information.
11-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Find Reply
Hans Offline

Threads: 1
ancient Wrote:
Hans Wrote:We have been following the ITV4 coverage and it is brilliantly done. The action shots, the on board cameras, just everything was worth it. Ok, if it was that expensive to get ITV to the island it was an investment well worth it. Such professional coverage is bound to get more people interested into coming to the TT and see it live.

so where are all these people going to stay? when they come.i think guy is always going to be second unless he changes over to yorkshire tea bags dont you.perhaps they could sponser his tea drinking.
Accomodation has always been a problem on the island. And as far as i can remember people always have found a place to stay.
I do like your idea with Guy and teabags. did you see his megasized mug yesterday??
11-06-2009, 11:10 AM
Find Reply
The Bag Offline

Threads: 14
pykey Wrote:I think we should all email ITV 4 and thank them for the brilliant coveage smilie smilie smilie

I think it might be better to email Northone direct as alot of people have emailed itv and all got the same automated reply.

Here is a contact email for Northone

enquiries@northonetv.com

I'll wait until I've seen everyone programme, then email them.

Russ

ps I do agree with george that there are far too many on board camera shots of heads etc. But thats my oly constructive critisism for now.
Meanwhile back on planet earth..........
11-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Website Find Reply