Fantastic Four at Kells for Farquhar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Fantastic Four at Kells for Farquhar
For the second time in a week, Ryan Farquhar racked up four wins at a road race meeting and fresh from taking four wins from five starts at the Southern 100, the KMR Kawasaki rider recorded a perfect four wins from four starts at the Kells Road Races on Sunday, extending his tally of victories to the season to a remarkable 41.

With wet weather hitting the Crossakiel circuit on Saturday, organisers took the decision to run untimed practice sessions and so the riders lined up on the grid in their Championship positions. Subsequently on the front row for all of his races, Ryan opened his account for the day with a dominant win in the damp Supersport 600cc race and followed this up with another victory, this time in the Open race, although it was a lot closer on this occasion with regular sparring partner Keith Amor pushing him all the way

Proving his versatility, Ryan then switched to his ER6 Kawasaki Mini-Twin to make it three wins from three starts and he was in no mood to relinquish his 100% success race in the final race of the day, the Grand Final. It was Amor who led in the early stages but at the end of the 2nd lap, Ryan eased his way by at the final corner and stayed in the lead until the chequered flag although Amor was on his back wheel throughout. It wrapped up a perfect day’s racing for the Dungannon ace with the results extending his lead in the Irish Road Race and Duke Road Race Championships.

Speaking afterwards, a delighted Ryan said:

"What can I say, it's been another brilliant day and with 8 wins over the course of the week, it doesn't get much better than that! I honestly thought I may struggle a bit this weekend but the Superstocker was flying and to win both the big bike races felt really special. Luckily they stayed dry but Keith was again riding well and he was putting plenty of pressure on me throughout the two races so I was pleased to keep him at bay."

"The 600 race was a bit more tricky as conditions were very patchy, half the circuit was wet and half dry so I got my head down at the beginning and rode as fast as I felt comfortable and the plan worked out perfectly. It was a really good weekend and a big thank you again to Kawasaki, Dunlop, all the sponsors and everyone else involved in the team - it's their effort and commitment that's making it all possible."

Ryan will remain in Southern Ireland for his next meeting with the Faugheen Road Races taking place this next weekend, Sunday July 26th.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Website Find Reply