#61 John Walsh on his UGP and beyond
corserrep Offline

Threads: 4
#61 John Walsh on his UGP and beyond
Pic by Kevin Cooper Party1

[Image: JWalshNW200.jpg]

I was in contact today with a lad, who in my opinion is one of the top riders in the country at the moment, John Walsh #61...

I asked him how he was getting on with the repairs after Faugheen, and how his racing was going in general, and if he minded me posting a piece on him on the sites.... here is his reply

"Yea, work away Paul, the more info I can get out the better, really need to raise the profile a bit. I was talking to Keith Amor at a do on the island earlier this year and he was telling me to shout a lot louder to try and get some decent bikes.
I dont seem to get much coverage in the media so I suppose people dont know a whole lot about me, how long I've been racing, results etc.

Been getting a lot more notice since the NW200 this year, qualifying in front of the more famous riders and i suppose crashing out too!

I would love a chance on some decent bikes, I know I can live with the best of them, but we just cant afford to do it all ourselves.

The fitness is not soo hot at the moment so i dont know how i will go at the prix, but we will give it 100% as usual.

James Murray (JMF) has sent me most of the bits I needed to repair my own bike, we are nearly there with her now so hopefully it will be sorted for the UGP.

It was totally wrecked in Faugheen, needed a new frame, forks, yolks, front wheel and discs, swingarm, bodywork, fairing brackets etc. The bike is basically a superstocker with 16.5 wheels and a kit ignition, no match for a proper superbike but we will we see how we go.

I got a loan of a Stock R1 from Damien Horgan in Dundalk for the Superstock race and will be riding RJ Woosleys 650 in the Dundrod 150 race.

Badly need to sort a ride for next year, so if you hear of any vacancys let me know!"

I'd like to wish John all the best for the UGP and beyond, and if anyone out there has suitable bikes for next season, John would be more than pleased to hear from you, and I know you will be rewarded with some excellent results and publicity... Bye3

If anyone can help John can be contacted on 00353 87 6846825

[Image: JW-1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-08-2009, 08:26 PM by corserrep.)
10-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Find Reply